Count me in the club now

lemony0

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
How's the 7 foot cable holding up? I'm constantly tempted by the paracable ads on here, being able to use it in bed whilst charging could be worth investing in :raised-eyebrow:

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
How's the 7 foot cable holding up? I'm constantly tempted by the paracable ads on here, being able to use it in bed whilst charging could be worth investing in :raised-eyebrow:

The cable is awesome, it has eliminated my desire to get the Apple Dock charger because I find myself always needing the iPhone to look stuff up, respond,etc so this way it can charge at the same time.

I did read some negative article to be aware of SOME aftermarket extra length cables emitting "dirty electricity" and thus not allowing the finger print scanner to work every time. But so far nine has been great.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Whoa lol, epic info thanks.

Hey from Toon Town.

Yeah I did some reading on the Rogers insurance and I think I went the correct route. I didn't know how long I wanted to keep Apple Care so I didn't really want to lock in a lump sum, but we will see. My 5C was perfect for 3 full years hardware-wise so I'm sure there won't be issues on the 7.

I really love the feel of the Apple silicone and I have an Otterbox Commuter coming in (same colour-Sea Blue), so I'm not sure if the split is big enough to warrant a replacement. I might just sell it on Kijiji. It's a really small split. I COULD snake a quick little vid of it on my iPad and you can see what you think.

Man I'm digging Spotify tho and the one reason I didn't want to put Apple Music for the 3 month trial is because we have to put a CC card on there and we have to remember to cancel it. It's not that I think there is no security because I used ApplePay for the first time today, pretty cool.

You can sign up and cancel auto renew immediately. I have been using Apple Music for close to a year now and I am loving it to this day. I cancelled SiriusXM and use my phone for music in my car now which saves me money each month.

As for Apple Care, I live on the edge. I haven't had insurance on any of my phones for years and I've saved a ton of money. I get that it's a gamble but I figure with the deductibles (Asurion, I am unsure of how Apple Care works) plus the monthly fee, I'm better without it. Threw on a Speck Candyshell Grip and Belkin Tempered Glass and roll. I may not fee comfortable with a different case but this case definitely has Grip so it's going no where!

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I always get my $'S worth out of a device and keep them for 3 years until they are crippling slow or grinding to a halt, or until my patience runs out. I think it is a total waste to get a new device annually if it still runs fast, etc.

So eventually when the 7 is a few years old I am betting that features like Live Wallpapers would slow a device down even more. So the "sweet spot" to use it is now ;)

I wish I could say the same thing. I used to update yearly when I had Android but my plan with the iPhone is to keep my 7 until the 8s comes out. I'm not jumping on the 8 as I generally want the S models. Only reason I've got a 7 is Verizon made me an offer I couldn't refuse - $650 trade in for a 64Gb 6s.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I wish I could say the same thing. I used to update yearly when I had Android but my plan with the iPhone is to keep my 7 until the 8s comes out. I'm not jumping on the 8 as I generally want the S models. Only reason I've got a 7 is Verizon made me an offer I couldn't refuse - $650 trade in for a 64Gb 6s.

Do we know if there is an "S" model coming out before the 8? I seem to recall reading something about that possibility ...

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Do we know if there is an "S" model coming out before the 8? I seem to recall reading something about that possibility ...

I believe so, but it's a downgrade and won't be an 8 so I won't. I tend to do the S cause it's the upgraded version. An 8 will still be better but I am better off keeping my 7 whole the kinks on a new device settle.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I believe so, but it's a downgrade and won't be an 8 so I won't. I tend to do the S cause it's the upgraded version. An 8 will still be better but I am better off keeping my 7 whole the kinks on a new device settle.

I read on Appy-geek that the iPhone 8 might be "limited" or reduced in speed from what it is truly capable of. Kind of like limiting the top speed on a supercar or something. I didn't follow up on that or pay much attention to it because I thought it was ridiculous.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Congrats in the new iPhone. I have the 7 Jet Black 128GB. Ive got the Spigen Tough Armor in Jet Black on order from eBay right now. Should be in Saturday or before. I cant stand cases that are only one layer and real thin. Id rather add a little size and KNOW that the phone is protected. The Tough Armor is dual layer and more substantial. I had the Tough Armor series for both my 5S and 6S, loved them. They dont add as much bulk as a otter box or lifeproof, but still protect very well.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Congrats in the new iPhone. I have the 7 Jet Black 128GB. Ive got the Spigen Tough Armor in Jet Black on order from eBay right now. Should be in Saturday or before. I cant stand cases that are only one layer and real thin. Id rather add a little size and KNOW that the phone is protected. The Tough Armor is dual layer and more substantial. I had the Tough Armor series for both my 5S and 6S, loved them. They dont add as much bulk as a otter box or lifeproof, but still protect very well.

Thanks!

I also don't like super thick cases and I am pretty happy with the Otterbox Commuter. I didn't want the girth of the Defender because I always had one layered cases up to this point on all my devices. The Commuter is much lower profile and admittedly it is "fatter" than some, but I didn't feel protected with the Rengke Air Prism. I am still getting used to the Commuter but I think it is worth it.
cb0593ef8ead74b2f6977d9537c4003b.jpg

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Commuter is definitely a good case, but they tend to be more expensive because of the name. You end up paying for the name on the product. The Spigen Tough Armor was 15.99 with free shipping on eBay.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Commuter is definitely a good case, but they tend to be more expensive because of the name. You end up paying for the name on the product. The Spigen Tough Armor was 15.99 with free shipping on eBay.

True that. I saw the Canadian prices in stores like Bestbuy, Staples, Walmart and Canadian Tire were all $50. I got this off Amazon for $35. Not too bad.

I did see a seller on Amazon or eBay selling them (in black only) for $18.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I've been using USB extensions since my Blackberry days. Best thing you can buy and for cheap.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Well I finally traded my iPhone 5c because it doesn't look like the 10.3 update will be available for it as it is 32 bit and I want to be secured when I do phone banking and stuff.

Settled on the gold 7 32 GB which should be more than enough for me considering I had 52 apps on my 16 GB 5C with four gigs to spare.

Went with the coral reef soft silicone official Apple case and what I like about it is it's not as grippy as the official Apple 5C case that was actually working against me every time I tried to get the phone out of my pocket, this one is actually pretty slick with moderate grip. Just perfect actually. I was considering going with one of those plastic clear cases but it just look like it would shatter if you ever dropped it LOL although I like how that shows off the gold.

Rogers was pretty generous, because I traded my 5C I got $100 worth of accessories so everything you see in these photos cost absolutely nothing. I got a couple of extra dongle's or whatever you call them, the adaptor for lightning to 3.5 mm because I have a feeling I'm going to lose them eventually.

How many of you actually use Live Photos? And if you do on 1080 P do you set it to 30 frames a second or 60? Does it matter?

Man what a beautiful phone. I might have some questions for you guys eventually...

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170401/5fe11218b7771f1b3dc6711b3a3a596d.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170401/9b6b68857f528761e9495a42db3c15d3.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170401/e0418649b7b448c138b60464e2a31c10.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170401/07b2e9595445c68205f0d0022b6bad1e.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170401/b23829694f98f40e00c37ea6c2836901.jpg

Welcome to the club. Enjoy!!

That gold looks really good. Every year since the gold released I've toyed with the idea of going gold. I think I'm going to do it next time around. The Matte Black woo'd me this time around.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
And for winter I'm going to have to order one of these because stores don't seem to carry them… So I am currently researching how to set up PayPal and all that. I really wish you could use Apple Pay for debit to buy things on eBay but you can't I don't think

(There is an error when I try to post the screenshot of the "Encased" Commuter Belt Clip Holster)

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the club. Enjoy!!

That gold looks really good. Every year since the gold released I've toyed with the idea of going gold. I think I'm going to do it next time around. The Matte Black woo'd me this time around.

Thanks. I originally wanted Black. I probably won't need the extra free Dongles I got because I like the Bose Soundlink Color 2 speaker I got and I can never seem to get the apple ear buds to stay in my ears no matter what I do.