Count me in the club now

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Extra insurance, does anyone think it is worth it? Do you have this? I'm thinking about it, especially when the device is new I'm kinda paranoid. It can be cancelled at anytime according to Rogers...

IMG_6822.JPG

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Extra insurance, does anyone think it is worth it? Do you have this? I'm thinking about it, especially when the device is new I'm kinda paranoid. It can be cancelled at anytime according to Rogers...

View attachment 117429

If you are going to get any type of insurance, get AppleCare. It's better than anything I've seen from a carrier. I'm in the US though so maybe Rogers is better. I can't recommend AppleCare enough though. I've always had a good experience at the Apple Store.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd get AppleCare, unless you think you'll lose the phone. Then those insurance options would be better.

edit: I guess that's what I get for pre-loading tabs, @cwbcpa beat me to it.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I'm reading good things about Apple care but I don't know anything about it so I'll have to research it. I'm reading a few negative experiences on the Internet with Rogers and the insurance because Rogers uses a private company and I guess they had some cases of fraud in the past so the private insurance company they used treated every case like a murder investigation and people were waiting months for a new device and in most cases it was not a new one it was a refurbished one or a different model and They still had to pay about $200.

Yes that's the longest sentence I ever wrote, I just used talk to text do I don't bother stopping ;-)

I have 13 days left to decide if I get Rogers insurance. Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea in the first couple of months to make sure there's no bugs in the product or physical defects, etc.

At least there is the one year warranty with Apple after the initial 15 day return period. But I'm not sure if Rogers sends it away for you after the 15 days or if you do it yourself.

My experience with calling Apple every time has been very good as well. I always get them within two minutes of a phone call, they're very friendly and they know their stuff.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks all I'm actually going to go back to Rogers tomorrow and see if I break a screen or drop at what they do for me. Still have to look into Apple care but I might jump on the Rogers not sure.

Anyway I walked in the city today to test out the camera and video and I have to say it's absolutely stunning it's amazing. I shot a video by the river let's see if I can upload this…

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
So here's a video from the new iPhone 7 and even the sound is just amazing.

Yes this is the speeding Corvette that roared by me and I caught it on video, provided a great test for the sound ha ha.

The image stabilization in the video is such an improvement over the iPhone 5c. I was also testing out the slow-motion in another video. So if I understand this correctly you just tap the screen if you're shooting video in slow mo and then tap it again to get out of slow-motion…

https://youtu.be/UVNKpOaVfQ4

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
So here's a video from the new iPhone 7 and even the sound is just amazing.

Yes this is the speeding Corvette that roared by me and I caught it on video, provided a great test for the sound ha ha.

The image stabilization in the video is such an improvement over the iPhone 5c. I was also testing out the slow-motion in another video. So if I understand this correctly you just tap the screen if you're shooting video in slow mo and then tap it again to get out of slow-motion…

https://youtu.be/UVNKpOaVfQ4

Nice video!

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Good move :)

My buddy was like "why don't' you just get an otter box instead of throwing $ out the window".

1) otter boxes make the phone too big, same with life proof. I like slim cases and the official apple silicone may not offer as much protection but I like colour and low profile, and GRIP.

2) what if the iPhone had a defect and dies after 6 months or a year. An otter box will not prevent that.

3). What if the device is stolen

4) I can cancel AppleCare anytime I want.

The Rogers guy said he usually keeps AppleCare on his new iPhones for about 6 months just to make sure there are no glitches and then he cancels it.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The Rogers guy said he usually keeps AppleCare on his new iPhones for about 6 months just to make sure there are no glitches and then he cancels it.

That's silly. The coverage goes for 2 years, against drops, water, etc., why get rid of it? You're still just as likely to do those things after 6 months as you are before. ;) I have used it with 2 days left and gotten a new phone.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
That's silly. The coverage goes for 2 years, against drops, water, etc., why get rid of it? You're still just as likely to do those things after 6 months as you are before. ;) I have used it with 2 days left and gotten a new phone.

The interesting thing is is that Rogers said I had 15 days from when I got the phone to get AppleCare for nine dollars a month and I can cancel anytime I want. If I had waited beyond 15 days(the period in which the phone can be returned) then it would cost something like $169 for a year or two, or however long it is.

I prefer the nine dollars a month because I don't know how long I'll keep it but for a few months at least, perhaps longer.

And when I read and googled about Apple care they mention nothing about nine dollars a month that I could see so that might be just something at Rogers offers to new customers I'm not sure. Maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro