Apple Battery Case

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I want to know what the cons are, if any, to the Apple battery case for the iPhone 7 other than the extra size because that wouldn't bother me.

tdelfie03

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
The only con I have is not being able to turn it off. If the battery case is on your phone it is charging your phone. I love it.

malt1977

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I've got over the extra bulk as I now get up to 72 hours at light/moderate use!

I know that charging isn't an issue and you can even charge your devices in many high street stores too, but I just wanted better battery life without having to worry about it.

I really can't find a downside to it as it does exactly what I need it to do.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Only con is the small issue when sometimes I would leave my phone with the case to charge overnight for about 7 hours and the case itself wouldn't be fully charged. Other than that, one of the best products Apple has made in the past year and a half.

bluesqueen23

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I think it's rather slippery and a bit heavy. Other than that, it's a nice case. I only use mine for traveling when I know I won't be near a charger like at a music festival, etc.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I was wondering, does the phone maintain it's water resistance rating with the case on? I know water normally gets in the lightning port, but aren't you supposed to dry it before charging? This would still allow water in, but power would constantly be flowing from the case to the phone.

bluesqueen23

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I was wondering, does the phone maintain it's water resistance rating with the case on? I know water normally gets in the lightning port, but aren't you supposed to dry it before charging? This would still allow water in, but power would constantly be flowing from the case to the phone.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend it.

This.

As for the negatives - I only disliked the bulk and weight. It's too much for me so I returned the case. But the benefits are great if you need more battery life. The Grip is decent but no where near as good as my Speck Presido Grip.

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
The only downside I found was the weight. I got the case for free anyway so not using it seemed to agree with me more than using it. I eventually gave it away, paid forward yet again, :)

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I have the same question more or less about Apple Smart Battery Case.

I am looking to upgrade my iPhone to 7 or 7 plus. I want to buy a battery case for the new phone. I know the 7 Plus doesn't need a battery case although I wish there was one available for this phone. I know there is Mophie, Anker, Apple, etc.. all who make battery cases.

Other than the screen size, I don't see a big difference between iPhone 7 and 7 Plus. I am thinking of getting the 7 and getting the Apple Smart Battery Case.

I have read reviews on Mophie Juice Pack, Anker and Apple but I am still leaning towards Apple Smart Batttery case because of the iOS integration. I know that should not be the reason to buy it but I like that feature.

I am trying to figure out the Pros and Cons to buying the Apple Smart Battery case. I understand it is pricey. Also, I understand the Apple Smart Case provides a constant charge to the phone and keeps it around 100%. I am not sure if that is good or bad on the phone's battery. What if I don't want the phone to be contantly charging, can I turn this off?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful.

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the same question more or less about Apple Smart Battery Case.

I am looking to upgrade my iPhone to 7 or 7 plus. I want to buy a battery case for the new phone. I know the 7 Plus doesn't need a battery case although I wish there was one available for this phone. I know there is Mophie, Anker, Apple, etc.. all who make battery cases.

Other than the screen size, I don't see a big difference between iPhone 7 and 7 Plus. I am thinking of getting the 7 and getting the Apple Smart Battery Case.

I have read reviews on Mophie Juice Pack, Anker and Apple but I am still leaning towards Apple Smart Batttery case because of the iOS integration. I know that should not be the reason to buy it but I like that feature.

I am trying to figure out the Pros and Cons to buying the Apple Smart Battery case. I understand it is pricey. Also, I understand the Apple Smart Case provides a constant charge to the phone and keeps it around 100%. I am not sure if that is good or bad on the phone's battery. What if I don't want the phone to be contantly charging, can I turn this off?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful.

Aside from some internal specs that the iPhone 7 plus had including more RAM better quality screen and the dual camera, the iPhone 7 is a fine device. I love my iPhone 7. I use the smart battery case except on the weekends, just to give my phone a break. I like it better than the new Mophie that came out. I previously had used Mophie, and liked that they had come in different battery sizes.

To answer your question, you can not turn the smart battery case off. I don't know if that's good or bad for the phone battery.

I feel the smart battery case does a great job. I take my phone off the charger at 7 am and the battery case usually is exhausted between 6 and 8 pm depending on how heavy I'm using my phone. After that I have plenty of battery power to spare.

Hope that helps.

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
Removing the phone from the case defeats the purpose, doesn't it? The whole point having the case is to leave the phone attached to the case and not remove it. Unless you want to clean the phone or something is wrong with the case or phone.

I wish you could turn off the charging. I know that goes against Apple's intentions with the function of the case. Other companies like Mophie offer this feature where you can turn off the charging without removing the phone.

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Removing the phone from the case defeats the purpose, doesn't it? The whole point having the case is to leave the phone attached to the case and not remove it. Unless you want to clean the phone or something is wrong with the case or phone.

I wish you could turn off the charging. I know that goes against Apple's intentions with the function of the case. Other companies like Mophie offer this feature where you can turn off the charging without removing the phone.

I take the phone out to clean it once a week and to also use other cases I have. And to give the smart battery case a break from being used constantly. Plus on the weekends I'm not always on the go as much so why should I have the phone in the case all the time?

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I don't know what type of cases you are using. I have used the Otterbox case for my phones. Taking the phone out of this case is a hassle and I don't do it that often because of that reason. Currently, I am using a Otterbox case on my 6s Plus. I haven't taken it out of the case yet. I do agree, the phone should be taken out for cleaning purposes but I can't see myself taking it out of the Smart Battery case and putting it in another case for two or three days or less.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't know what type of cases you are using. I have used the Otterbox case for my phones. Taking the phone out of this case is a hassle and I don't do it that often because of that reason. Currently, I am using a Otterbox case on my 6s Plus. I haven't taken it out of the case yet. I do agree, the phone should be taken out for cleaning purposes but I can't see myself taking it out of the Smart Battery case and putting it in another case for two or three days or less.

I take the phone out of the case maybe once a week just to give it a little cleaning. I have pretty much no reason to take it off and on on a regular basis.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative