YouTube Battery 100% - How Many Hours?

Apple One

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just wondering how many hours of YouTube do you guys get with your iPhone 7 from 100% battery all the way down to 0% just watching YouTube all the way? I'm trying to test out how many hours of YouTube can a iPhone 7 get.

I haven't tested from 100%-0% yet. But last night I was on 84% battery at 12am, was watching only YouTube videos. By 2am I was done to 60% battery. Is this normal or my battery is not good?

Thanks.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tested it myself but there are a lot of factors. Wifi vs LTE, signal strength, screen brightness, etc.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Just like @eyecrispy said, battery usage can be influenced by many factors. That being said, a 24% difference in battery level after two hours of constant YouTube watching isn't bad. Nothing uses more battery than your phone's display.

Apple One

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
So losing about 24% in 2 hours is pretty normal is it...Hmmm... I will post up more of results of the test throughout the week.

I know many things play a factor but I try to conserve as much battery by not putting high screen brightness etc... turning off app refresh. I am also watching these videos via WIFI not LTE. If that helps.

But yeh will post more results soon. Thanks guys if anyone has experience or knowledge on my question please help me.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
So losing about 24% in 2 hours is pretty normal is it...Hmmm... I will post up more of results of the test throughout the week.

I know many things play a factor but I try to conserve as much battery by not putting high screen brightness etc... turning off app refresh. I am also watching these videos via WIFI not LTE. If that helps.

But yeh will post more results soon. Thanks guys if anyone has experience or knowledge on my question please help me.

I can see losing 24% on the iPhone. I don't stream much on my phone. I can tell you on my iPad Pro 12.9" I can stream for 60-75 minutes on wifi and only lose 7-10%.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just wondering how many hours of YouTube do you guys get with your iPhone 7 from 100% battery all the way down to 0% just watching YouTube all the way? I'm trying to test out how many hours of YouTube can a iPhone 7 get.

I haven't tested from 100%-0% yet. But last night I was on 84% battery at 12am, was watching only YouTube videos. By 2am I was done to 60% battery. Is this normal or my battery is not good?

Thanks.

According to 'Trusted_Reviews': after 2 hours of Netflix using the speakers the iPhone went down to 72%. Which means the device could last around 6 - 7 Hours of youtube playback.

YourTechGuide" which showed the device only lasting 4 hours. So definitely mixed results.

Epicgamer67

Jan 21, 2018
Visit site
I have an iPhone 7 as well.
Although I don’t have enough time on my hands to test this out, I usually use LTE to watch YouTube on the go, or WiFi at home. My brightness is almost at zero, and always is, and my battery goes to about 50% after about 2 - 4 hours of watching. I’d say you would be able to get at least 10 hours probably before having to grab a charger...