Hi guys,

Just wondering how many hours of YouTube do you guys get with your iPhone 7 from 100% battery all the way down to 0% just watching YouTube all the way? I'm trying to test out how many hours of YouTube can a iPhone 7 get.

I haven't tested from 100%-0% yet. But last night I was on 84% battery at 12am, was watching only YouTube videos. By 2am I was done to 60% battery. Is this normal or my battery is not good?

Thanks.
    03-06-2017 04:02 AM
    I haven't tested it myself but there are a lot of factors. Wifi vs LTE, signal strength, screen brightness, etc.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-06-2017 06:15 AM
    Just like @eyecrispy said, battery usage can be influenced by many factors. That being said, a 24% difference in battery level after two hours of constant YouTube watching isn't bad. Nothing uses more battery than your phone's display.
    03-06-2017 06:23 AM
    So losing about 24% in 2 hours is pretty normal is it...Hmmm... I will post up more of results of the test throughout the week.

I know many things play a factor but I try to conserve as much battery by not putting high screen brightness etc... turning off app refresh. I am also watching these videos via WIFI not LTE. If that helps.

But yeh will post more results soon. Thanks guys if anyone has experience or knowledge on my question please help me.
    03-06-2017 06:50 AM
    So losing about 24% in 2 hours is pretty normal is it...Hmmm... I will post up more of results of the test throughout the week.

I know many things play a factor but I try to conserve as much battery by not putting high screen brightness etc... turning off app refresh. I am also watching these videos via WIFI not LTE. If that helps.

But yeh will post more results soon. Thanks guys if anyone has experience or knowledge on my question please help me.
    I can see losing 24% on the iPhone. I don't stream much on my phone. I can tell you on my iPad Pro 12.9" I can stream for 60-75 minutes on wifi and only lose 7-10%.
    03-07-2017 04:24 PM
    Anyone else can give some input? Or share their experiences of battery life on iphone 7
    03-10-2017 09:36 PM
    Hi guys,

Just wondering how many hours of YouTube do you guys get with your iPhone 7 from 100% battery all the way down to 0% just watching YouTube all the way? I'm trying to test out how many hours of YouTube can a iPhone 7 get.

I haven't tested from 100%-0% yet. But last night I was on 84% battery at 12am, was watching only YouTube videos. By 2am I was done to 60% battery. Is this normal or my battery is not good?

Thanks.
    According to 'Trusted_Reviews': after 2 hours of Netflix using the speakers the iPhone went down to 72%. Which means the device could last around 6 - 7 Hours of youtube playback.

According to Apple the iPhone 7 can last up to 13 hours of Wireless video playback. So there is definitely conflicting results.

I think there are a couple things that play a part,
    1. Quality Of The Video
    2. Screen Brightness Level
    3. Age Of The Battery and temperature
    4. Are any other 'things' turned on and being used like 4G LTE, NFC, Bluetooth and Geo location.

There was also a test done by "YourTechGuide" which showed the device only lasting 4 hours. So definitely mixed results.
    03-15-2017 11:47 AM