Is it worth upgrading to the iPhone 7?

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Don't know what resolution the 7's screen is but it looks fantastic. +1 for the smaller size. Phabs aren't for everyone.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Don't know what resolution the 7's screen is but it looks fantastic. +1 for the smaller size. Phabs aren't for everyone.

Apple is behind on the (PPI) but I still think the screen on the regular 7 and + looks good. Agreed phabs aren't for everyone. Nice to have a phone that's easy to pocket. And one hand use

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Also personally I like having the latest tech every year phones only lol! And Apple makes it easy with there Apple program. So with that said I do think it's worth it. The i7 has much better battery life than the i6s, better camera (OIS) dust proof water resistant. And it has a better screen to name a few.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone remember such reluctance to upgrade from loyal apple customers before? They really need to do something special with the 8 because Samsung and Google are genuine alternatives even for die hards like me.

My reluctance won't be a choice between Android and iOS. It will be to stay with my 7 Plus or upgrade to the 8. I honestly have very little desire to change platforms.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The 7+ has a nice display but it's only 401ppi. Plus it's a not for everybody. The regular 7 is a solid device as well and it doesn't feel like a brick in your pocket

I don't have any complaints with the screen of the 7 Plus at all. I think it looks great.

However I do agree that it feels like an anchor when it's being carried in my front pocket.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any complaints with the screen of the 7 Plus at all. I think it looks great.

However I do agree that it feels like an anchor when it's being carried in my front pocket.

Agreed the screen is nice as is the regular i7. Does it come close to the Sammy screens (ppi) wise no but I do think they look nice and I have no issues with either. I currently have both 7+\7 and I'm selling my + do the size and inconvenience of carrying it around. It feels like a brick in the front pocket. Lol

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Agreed the screen is nice as is the regular i7. Does it come close to the Sammy screens (ppi) wise no but I do think they look nice and I have no issues with either. I currently have both 7+\7 and I'm selling my + do the size and inconvenience of carrying it around. It feels like a brick in the front pocket. Lol

I did the same thing last year. Went almost the whole year with the 6S and 6S Plus and just switched the sim card whenever convenient. I thought I could get away with just the Plus this year but looking into getting a 7 now.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

I agree. I was able to get used to the size rather quickly. The slim profile also means it rests comfortably in my pants pockets, personally. I don't have a single complaint about the size honestly.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I did the same thing last year. Went almost the whole year with the 6S and 6S Plus and just switched the sim card whenever convenient. I thought I could get away with just the Plus this year but looking into getting a 7 now.

Yeah same here. I have tried to stay + this year but the size has really gotten to me. I'm pretty sure I'm staying regular 7 due to the size being way more convenient. I would like to keep both but just doesn't make sense to.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I was able to get used to the size rather quickly. The slim profile also means it rests comfortably in my pants pockets, personally. I don't have a single complaint about the size honestly.

7+ is a brick ! No seriously though you don't notice it until you get a i7 in your hand. Huge difference in weight.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

Pm me if you are still interested in a i7 I have a friend that is selling one.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
7+ is a brick ! No seriously though you don't notice it until you get a i7 in your hand. Huge difference in weight.

I notice the difference but it doesn't bother me. The wife has a 7. I'm honestly at the point now where the difference isn't as apparent. That could be due to my wifes wallet case though.

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded, but downsized from the 6S Plus to the iPhone 7. I couldn't be happier. I loved the size different and got tired of the bulkiness of the plus model. With that said I also love the faster phone, new look of the black, water resistance, home button etc etc.

timocrates

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Waking up in the night, fumbling for your phone on your bedside table to return a text you'd forgotten about, you would not, for many intents and most purposes, notice any dropoff in affect or effect between your iPhone 7+ and that $200 Moto G4 from Costco.

Apple is a tarbaby - we have iMac, 2 iPad & iPhones, and an Apple watch. It's too late for us - SAVE YOURSELF FROM THE APPLE  MAELSTROM!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh