iPhone 7 Extended Battery Case

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I got the red smart battery case. Holy cow does the battery last forever with it on. I get more than twice the battery life.

Last edited:

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just put the red one on my phone today, wahoo! I love the feel of the case and looking forward to leaving for a long day and not having to worry about my battery life.

Do you think there's any reason to worry that the phone battery is always being charged? Will there be any negative effects to the phone's battery? I'm always concerned about battery life over time lol.

fury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Just put the red one on my phone today, wahoo! I love the feel of the case and looking forward to leaving for a long day and not having to worry about my battery life.

Do you think there's any reason to worry that the phone battery is always being charged? Will there be any negative effects to the phone's battery? I'm always concerned about battery life over time lol.

The phone intelligently manages that. If you leave it on the charger for a while, you may notice the battery periodically drop from 100% to 90-95% or so before going back up to 100%. This is the phone making sure that some electrons are flowing through the battery and not just sitting around chipping away at the battery's usable life span.

In general, for the best health for your battery, prefer to give it shallow charges (50 times from 40-60% is better than 10 times from 0 to 100%) but still run a full deep cycle (0-100%) about once a month. In terms of the smart battery case, this means I'd probably take it out of the case once a month and let it run down to dead, then plug it back in and let it charge back up to full.

ralphelliott

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
I like it, mainly because it's an official accessory and has an Apple logo on :laughing:. To me it's too expensive though and I'm not keen on the bulge on the back. I went for the Mophie but will reconsider if Apple release Mk2.

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Had one for my 6s but didn't like the extra bulk. My 7 gets such outstanding battery life I haven't seen a need for it yet. I'd hate to bog this svelte device down with a bulky, weighty case anyway. I don't mind a once nightly charge and don't need 2 days on a charge. Glad your all finding what you need tho.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I wish they made one for the 7+. Don't get me wrong, the battery on the 7+ is great and all. But who wouldn't want more, right?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit