iPhone 7 Freezes (ATT)

wysiwyg86

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
At times my iPhone will completely freeze. Sleep button or home button won't work, soft reset doesn't work, or plugging up to a charger. It just freezes on whatever screen I'm on and I just have to wait it out. Something weird that occasionally happens is that if I hold the power button long enough the slide off will appear but screen still unresponsive. Does this happen to anyone else.

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Have you tried a factory reset?

Also try a fresh factory image reinstall. Download the latest iOS factory image for your device then use iTunes to restore it. Might of updated and had a corrupt file.

alphatectz

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
At times my iPhone will completely freeze. Sleep button or home button won't work, soft reset doesn't work, or plugging up to a charger. It just freezes on whatever screen I'm on and I just have to wait it out. Something weird that occasionally happens is that if I hold the power button long enough the slide off will appear but screen still unresponsive. Does this happen to anyone else.

Try a factory rest, but don't restore from a backup. If it continues. You might want to make a Genius Bar appointment. Also if your still within the 30 day return period go back to the Apple Store or at&t store that you got it from and exchange it for a new one. Most times if you are under the 30 day return period the manager will exchange it with a new one.

iphone2291

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I just experienced a freeze on my iPhone 7 (Verizon). It froze for 20 seconds or so, home button, volume buttons and on/off button didn't work. I looked up on twitter and a lot of people are experiencing this problem. Hopefully it's a bug that can be fixed with a future update.

Alain_A

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Happen regardless of which provider is. Even the iPhone 6 freezes from time to time and now with the iPhone 7.
It is from apple software side

Himoe

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been noticing this also. The screen becomes unresponsive to touch. I've tried restarting. Haven't tried a factory reset. Too many things on the phone to have to reinstall.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73