Best Bluetooth headsets for iphone 7

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
But isn't the sound quality of Bluetooth headphones always worse than wired ones?

Cheers

No not at all. Bluetooth Headphones have gotten much better. Times have changed and depending on the makes and models some Bluetooth headsets are better than wired ones. I've found that even in the same price range the difference between Bluetooth and wired are minimal if any.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
No not at all. Bluetooth Headphones have gotten much better. Times have changed and depending on the makes and models some Bluetooth headsets are better than wired ones. I've found that even in the same price range the difference between Bluetooth and wired are minimal if any.
I didn't know that. I've since you answered did some research and you are right, bluetooth sound quality as gotten better with time. Problem is for me to get the sound quality of my 20 bucks Xiaomi Piston 3.0 (they are very good for the price) with a Bluetooth headset I have to spend 150 bucks or more, right?

Cheers

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I didn't know that. I've since you answered did some research and you are right, bluetooth sound quality as gotten better with time. Problem is for me to get the sound quality of my 20 bucks Xiaomi Piston 3.0 (they are very good for the price) with a Bluetooth headset I have to spend 150 bucks or more, right?

Cheers
I really don't know about that particular price range, but I just don't see any wired or Bluetooth headset being comparable to $20 vs $150. They are two totally different markets for headsets....IMHO

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have switched to use the Powerbeats 3s for everything. The w1 chip, range and battery life have me hooked.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
But isn't the sound quality of Bluetooth headphones always worse than wired ones?

Cheers

No the sound quality for listening to music is about even if you ask me. Call quality is a different beast though. With the new HD voice calling, only wired headphones allow for a crystal clear sound. If you go from a BT headset to a wired headset in the same phone call you will understand what I mean. It's night and day.

With that said. At the gym I use my jaybird X2's and for calls and FaceTime I use the apple wired headset that came with the phone. They just went through the washer also and still work

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
No the sound quality for listening to music is about even if you ask me. Call quality is a different beast though. With the new HD voice calling, only wired headphones allow for a crystal clear sound. If you go from a BT headset to a wired headset in the same phone call you will understand what I mean. It's night and day.

With that said. At the gym I use my jaybird X2's and for calls and FaceTime I use the apple wired headset that came with the phone. They just went through the washer also and still work

Once again I have to respectfully disagree. I did a test with three different people using my Apple earbuds and my BOSE Bluetooth QC 35's and BOSE Bluetooth SoundSport Pulse, and the quality of the calls was equal to the "wired" earbuds. The persons could not tell which headsets I was using. The call was crystal clear for each headset.
Bluetooth has come a long way in a short period of time and it is my opinion that wired vs Bluetooth has very little drop off if any in sound quality for phone calls and music.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Once again I have to respectfully disagree. I did a test with three different people using my Apple earbuds and my BOSE Bluetooth QC 35's and BOSE Bluetooth SoundSport Pulse, and the quality of the calls was equal to the "wired" earbuds. The persons could not tell which headsets I was using. The call was crystal clear for each headset.
Bluetooth has come a long way in a short period of time and it is my opinion that wired vs Bluetooth has very little drop off if any in sound quality for phone calls and music.

I have to agree! I've never had any call quality issues with any of my Bose BT devices. I even take calls at home on my Soundlink Mini & the call quality is so clear!

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

Well I don't have Bose, I have lg tones and the jaybirds and they don't come close. I guess that's the difference. No BT headset that I've used works with the HD voice and/or has that clarity on my end of hearing people. People don't usually complain about my voice with any BT headset,it's more for me.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Well I don't have Bose, I have lg tones and the jaybirds and they don't come close. I guess that's the difference. No BT headset that I've used works with the HD voice and/or has that clarity on my end of hearing people. People don't usually complain about my voice with any BT headset,it's more for me.

I've never had jaybirds but I use to use LG tones all the time. There's definitely a huge difference. I tried to Love my tones but they just didn't compare to Bose. I ended up giving 2 pair to my mom & I returned 1 pair. If you happen to be in the market, Bose has some headphones in the same price range as LG Tones. It might be worth checking out.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Quick question hopefully someone can answer. Using Bluetooth headphones like powerbeats 3/Jaybird's x2/x3/ or other newer headphones. Is their still that god awful audio lag when watching videos using the Bluetooth headsets?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Quick question hopefully someone can answer. Using Bluetooth headphones like powerbeats 3/Jaybird's x2/x3/ or other newer headphones. Is their still that god awful audio lag when watching videos using the Bluetooth headsets?

I've never had an audio lag. I'm using a BT speaker right now with my iPad & no issues.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've never had an audio lag. I'm using a BT speaker right now with my iPad & no issues.

Its been a couple of years. Since I have owned a pair of bluetooth headphones. but I know there was a problem where trying to watch a video with them and the audio lagged behind the video.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Its been a couple of years. Since I have owned a pair of bluetooth headphones. but I know there was a problem where trying to watch a video with them and the audio lagged behind the video.

Quality of the BT device may have been the problem. I started using BT headphones and speakers about 4 years ago and have only used Beats and Bose brands. Like I said I haven't had any audio lag issues while watching videos or movies. I've been traveling twice weekly for years and watch movies all the time on my iPad...again no issues.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site

Quality of the BT device may have been the problem. I started using BT headphones and speakers about 4 years ago and have only used Beats and Bose brands. Like I said I haven't had any audio lag issues while watching videos or movies. I've been traveling twice weekly for years and watch movies all the time on my iPad...again no issues.

It may also be because some are more perceptive than others when it comes to those small differences or lag. I know I never noticed any lag and I still don't but my teenage daughter can't stand to use Bluetooth even on some of the headphones that I have because she seems to notice that very small lag that I have never been able to detect ven with my high-quality headsets.

WallesMax

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site
For like 35 dollars or less you can get the Mpow Bluetooth Headphones with headphone out that will also feed off of the iphone with no outer power needed.

For BT headphones i advice this as I personally own them and they are amazing!

Rockrok Bluetooth 4.1 Wireless Sweatproof Sport Noise Cancelling In-ear Headphones with APT-X, Microphone and Volume Control

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice