Is it really a worthy upgrade from the 6s Plus?

jorge Hewitson

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
The Iphone 7 is an evolution of 6S obviously think the 6S is 90% 7, the question is if for you worth that difencia 10%, more power, better screen, waterproof and camera, but iPhone 6S is really about 7 in all those sections.

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Simple answer.... NO.

iPhone 6S Plus > iPhone 7 Plus > iPhone 7 > iPhone 6S Plus

wait for next year.

Really, other than a bit faster processor and camera, there's only so much you can do on the same platform IMO. The OS is the real factor I think and 10 seems to run decently on all the recent phones..... My suggestion is don't get sucked in by the new phone hype.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I think it's definitely worth the upgrade if you have to have the latest and greatest like me. I have to have the newest iPhone in my circle of iPhone wielding family members. Lol

If not and you have a 6S/6S Plus, stick with it and wait for the 8.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, finding it hard to pull the trigger on upgrading from my 6s Plus to the 7 or 7 Plus.

Anyone here upgrade from the 6s Plus? If so, with all honesty, do you feel it was worth the upgrade?

If I had a 6 I would be all over it but as it stands I just can't seem to feel it is a worthy upgrade from the 6s Plus. Thoughts?

Personally, i don't think its worth it. Sure you getting a 'Dual Camera' and its faster ect. But for the amount of many you going to be spending on it, its not worth the upgrade. I would wait for the iPhone 7s. That could be worth it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Did you get a 7 in place of your 6s Plus?

Just curious if anyone here with a 7 got it to replace their 6s Plus. If so, why?

I upgraded from a 6s Plus to a 7 Plus but I'm one of those guys who always wants the latest and greatest iPhone. Furthermore, I'm eligible for an upgrade on an annual basis through the iPhone Upgrade Program. I LOVE the camera on this phone and some of the other refinements are pretty cool.

If you're not an annual upgrader and therefore have to choose between getting an iPhone 7 or getting next year's iPhone, I suggest waiting a year.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Answering the thread question depends on the OP. Some l
People will find it to be a worthy upgrade whereas others will not. Could I have gone another year work the iPhone 6S Plus? Of course I could have. Am I glad I upgraded to the iPhone 7 Plus? Yep! Is it a "must have" coming from the iPhone 6S Plus for me? Nope!

malt1977

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I went from the 6S+ to the 7 because I just wanted a smaller phone. My only gripe really is that given the small battery, the life isn't as good. That said though, took it off charge late last night (100%) and now it's down to 46%. It's connected to my Apple Watch all day and I do use it quite a bit. If it comes to it, I wouldn't be adverse to tipping it up as the day goes on.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded from a iPhone 6s to a iPhone 7 and I feel the upgrade was well worth it. I see a difference in speed and the screen seems brighter then my 6s was. I also like the new weather proofing of the device compared to my 6s.

In the end, you have to make the choice and if you have the financial resources and really want the newer 7 series, I would say go for it.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded this week from a 6S. I upgraded only because my doughter need a new phone. It's I nice phone and I like some of its features like waterproof, better battery, could and so on. But is it worth it, probably not. I could easily go on with my 6S. I don't really think it's worth the money to upgrade from a 6S.

Vangelis Argyris

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

To be honest with you I would have to say no it's not really worth upgrading to from a 6s Plus. If you were like one or two iphone generations behind (like I was) then it would be a yes. If you 6s Plus still works fine, I would wait a year for the iphone 8 as it's rumored to be a BIG release from apple.
In opinion i don ' t think the 8 will be a big release. More or less a slightly better 7. If you can afford it then go for the 7. It is a "computer from the future" as Federico Viticci quoted in an article in his blog. If you have a 6s or 6s plus and you' re on a budget , it is still an incredible device and above all you miss nothing from the new features of the iOS 10 release.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
In opinion i don ' t think the 8 will be a big release. More or less a slightly better 7. If you can afford it then go for the 7. It is a "computer from the future" as Federico Viticci quoted in an article in his blog. If you have a 6s or 6s plus and you' re on a budget , it is still an incredible device and above all you miss nothing from the new features of the iOS 10 release.

What makes you think next year's release won't be a major refresh? All of the reputable tech blogs and podcasts seem to think otherwise. Not debating; just curious.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the iPhone 7 and I love it, but it wouldn't be really worth getting if I had previously had the iPhone 6s. I did have the 6S when it came out, but then went Android for the rest of the year. Now I'm back!!!

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I upgraded from my perfectly good 6s to the 7 simply because my logic said that since I was going to be making payments for the next year to Verizon for the whatever phone I was using anyway...I might as well pay for the latest/greatest.

I went for the 7, and was very satisfied...but very underwhelmed. A bit quicker...yes. Better camera...yes. Huge difference...no. I ended up returning it three days before my 14-day return window was up for a 7-Plus which is a huge upgrade from the 6s IF you want a bigger phone. I'm very happy with my choice, but not everybody would echo that.

My thoughts are, if you are happy with your 6s...and don't want a larger device, I would keep my money and not upgrade to the 7.

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I ended up purchasing the 128gb Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus. I purchased a glass screen protector for it and plan to go caseless for a few reasons. One, why get the jet black model only to cover it? Two, I know it is susceptible to scratches and feel like dust/dirt particles getting under a clear case would almost be worse for it than going caseless and handling it with care.

Love the grip this model brings that the others don't by the way.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded from the 6S Plus to the 7 Plus. IMO, it comes down to finances. The 7 is obviously better than the 6S, but if it would be a financial burden for me, I would've stuck with the 6S Plus as it works flawlessly with iOS 10.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm supposed to get an iPhone SE from my job next week. I'm going to compare how much faster my 7 is. I'm interested to see if there is going to be much of a difference.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
No it's not worth it. I made the upgrade from 6S Plus to 7. It feels like literally the same phone. Like I didn't upgrade at all. Just a different color now, and I paid for it.

If you want a new phone, then get it. Technically it's an upgrade. Usability-wise, I don't think it's worth it.

6S to 7 is an easier choice, IMO. Not sure why anyone would move from a 6S Plus to a 7 unless the size was a major issue. That's a clear downgrade in every other way, IMO.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods