Hi everyone, finding it hard to pull the trigger on upgrading from my 6s Plus to the 7 or 7 Plus.

Anyone here upgrade from the 6s Plus? If so, with all honesty, do you feel it was worth the upgrade?

If I had a 6 I would be all over it but as it stands I just can't seem to feel it is a worthy upgrade from the 6s Plus. Thoughts?
    Personally, i don't think its worth it. Sure you getting a 'Dual Camera' and its faster ect. But for the amount of many you going to be spending on it, its not worth the upgrade. I would wait for the iPhone 7s. That could be worth it.
    10-27-2016 03:56 AM
    Just curious if anyone here with a 7 got it to replace their 6s Plus. If so, why?
    I upgraded from a 6s Plus to a 7 Plus but I'm one of those guys who always wants the latest and greatest iPhone. Furthermore, I'm eligible for an upgrade on an annual basis through the iPhone Upgrade Program. I LOVE the camera on this phone and some of the other refinements are pretty cool.

If you're not an annual upgrader and therefore have to choose between getting an iPhone 7 or getting next year's iPhone, I suggest waiting a year.
    mumfoau and aximtreo like this.
    10-27-2016 06:48 AM
    Answering the thread question depends on the OP. Some l
    People will find it to be a worthy upgrade whereas others will not. Could I have gone another year work the iPhone 6S Plus? Of course I could have. Am I glad I upgraded to the iPhone 7 Plus? Yep! Is it a "must have" coming from the iPhone 6S Plus for me? Nope!
    mumfoau, anon(153966) and aximtreo like this.
    10-27-2016 07:11 AM
    I went from the 6S+ to the 7 because I just wanted a smaller phone. My only gripe really is that given the small battery, the life isn't as good. That said though, took it off charge late last night (100%) and now it's down to 46%. It's connected to my Apple Watch all day and I do use it quite a bit. If it comes to it, I wouldn't be adverse to tipping it up as the day goes on.
    rsgoldens likes this.
    10-27-2016 01:12 PM
    I upgraded from a iPhone 6s to a iPhone 7 and I feel the upgrade was well worth it. I see a difference in speed and the screen seems brighter then my 6s was. I also like the new weather proofing of the device compared to my 6s.

In the end, you have to make the choice and if you have the financial resources and really want the newer 7 series, I would say go for it.
    metalchick719 likes this.
    10-28-2016 05:41 PM
    I upgraded this week from a 6S. I upgraded only because my doughter need a new phone. It's I nice phone and I like some of its features like waterproof, better battery, could and so on. But is it worth it, probably not. I could easily go on with my 6S. I don't really think it's worth the money to upgrade from a 6S.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-28-2016 06:00 PM
    Hi!

To be honest with you I would have to say no it's not really worth upgrading to from a 6s Plus. If you were like one or two iphone generations behind (like I was) then it would be a yes. If you 6s Plus still works fine, I would wait a year for the iphone 8 as it's rumored to be a BIG release from apple.
    In opinion i don ' t think the 8 will be a big release. More or less a slightly better 7. If you can afford it then go for the 7. It is a "computer from the future" as Federico Viticci quoted in an article in his blog. If you have a 6s or 6s plus and you' re on a budget , it is still an incredible device and above all you miss nothing from the new features of the iOS 10 release.
    10-29-2016 07:17 AM
    In opinion i don ' t think the 8 will be a big release. More or less a slightly better 7. If you can afford it then go for the 7. It is a "computer from the future" as Federico Viticci quoted in an article in his blog. If you have a 6s or 6s plus and you' re on a budget , it is still an incredible device and above all you miss nothing from the new features of the iOS 10 release.
    What makes you think next year's release won't be a major refresh? All of the reputable tech blogs and podcasts seem to think otherwise. Not debating; just curious.
    mumfoau and aximtreo like this.
    10-29-2016 07:31 AM
    I have the iPhone 7 and I love it, but it wouldn't be really worth getting if I had previously had the iPhone 6s. I did have the 6S when it came out, but then went Android for the rest of the year. Now I'm back!!!
    aximtreo likes this.
    11-02-2016 07:28 AM
    I upgraded from my perfectly good 6s to the 7 simply because my logic said that since I was going to be making payments for the next year to Verizon for the whatever phone I was using anyway...I might as well pay for the latest/greatest.

I went for the 7, and was very satisfied...but very underwhelmed. A bit quicker...yes. Better camera...yes. Huge difference...no. I ended up returning it three days before my 14-day return window was up for a 7-Plus which is a huge upgrade from the 6s IF you want a bigger phone. I'm very happy with my choice, but not everybody would echo that.

My thoughts are, if you are happy with your 6s...and don't want a larger device, I would keep my money and not upgrade to the 7.
    aximtreo likes this.
    11-02-2016 06:35 PM
    I ended up purchasing the 128gb Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus. I purchased a glass screen protector for it and plan to go caseless for a few reasons. One, why get the jet black model only to cover it? Two, I know it is susceptible to scratches and feel like dust/dirt particles getting under a clear case would almost be worse for it than going caseless and handling it with care.

Love the grip this model brings that the others don't by the way.
    11-04-2016 12:31 AM
    I upgraded from the 6S Plus to the 7 Plus. IMO, it comes down to finances. The 7 is obviously better than the 6S, but if it would be a financial burden for me, I would've stuck with the 6S Plus as it works flawlessly with iOS 10.
    11-06-2016 10:19 PM
    I'm supposed to get an iPhone SE from my job next week. I'm going to compare how much faster my 7 is. I'm interested to see if there is going to be much of a difference.
    11-12-2016 07:05 AM
    I just upgraded from the 6s plus to the 7 and i love it already
    11-12-2016 02:44 PM
    No it's not worth it. I made the upgrade from 6S Plus to 7. It feels like literally the same phone. Like I didn't upgrade at all. Just a different color now, and I paid for it.

If you want a new phone, then get it. Technically it's an upgrade. Usability-wise, I don't think it's worth it.

6S to 7 is an easier choice, IMO. Not sure why anyone would move from a 6S Plus to a 7 unless the size was a major issue. That's a clear downgrade in every other way, IMO.
    11-12-2016 06:33 PM
    I personally would not recommend the upgrade to most people. On paper, the 7 plus has a better camera and has a more powerful processor. But you won't see a dramatic difference with real world use. The 6s plus is a really good phone. My personal opinion is if you have to ask the question whether it is a worthy upgrade, then you will probably be disappointed if you do upgrade.
    11-13-2016 09:48 AM
    I don't think it is worthy. iPhone 6s Plus has big screen/battery and it remains 3.5mm headphone jack, these are big pros compared with iPhone 7.
    And one of the most updating features OIS in iPhone 7 camera doesn't apple to iPhone 6s Plus users. Maybe the only cons for iPhone 6s Plus is that it doesn't have water resistant.
    11-14-2016 05:21 AM
    I'm trading in my 6S Plus today for the regular 7. I don't care. Tired of the size. Battery usage, I'll be fine. Not a power user at all. Just ready for more pocketability. Still trying to decide between the 6S and the 7. Might as well go 7 is my thought right now.
    11-14-2016 10:06 AM
    I'm trading in my 6S Plus today for the regular 7. I don't care. Tired of the size. Battery usage, I'll be fine. Not a power user at all. Just ready for more pocketability. Still trying to decide between the 6S and the 7. Might as well go 7 is my thought right now.
    I would go for the 7.
    tanknitrous likes this.
    11-14-2016 10:07 AM
    I would go for the 7.
    -Yes, I did. Right now, not a single regret. Amazing how much smaller and more portable the regular 7/6S feel like after being on the Plus for so long. Digging it. I don't know why people are making a fuss about the home button either. I think it's really neat, but that's just me.
    metalchick719 likes this.
    11-14-2016 06:59 PM
    -Yes, I did. Right now, not a single regret. Amazing how much smaller and more portable the regular 7/6S feel like after being on the Plus for so long. Digging it. I don't know why people are making a fuss about the home button either. I think it's really neat, but that's just me.
    The home button is actually a lot better. The experience is very much the same. It feels like I'm pressing a button. But because it isn't a button you don't have to worry about it malfunctioning. It's a win for me.
    tanknitrous likes this.
    11-15-2016 05:41 AM
    IN my opinion, there isn't a whole lot of a difference.
    11-16-2016 02:40 PM
    The 6s plus is the last great iPhone they killed me with no headphone jack making everyone pay extra for an adapter or pay 150 for some Bluetooth ear pods that look stupid but since notes are blowing up across the globe lol apple is winning even more
    11-16-2016 03:22 PM
    My wife had a 6s Plus and upgraded to a 7 Plus. She's happy with her choice, especially the brightness of the new screen.
    11-17-2016 03:13 AM
    Yeah I notice it's a lot brighter and even more clear but to me same phone with small upgrade but if you take videos and pics to great but the next iPhone with be better
    11-17-2016 04:39 PM
82 1234