rudyalexc

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
You should care about a tool that costs $800

Okay, let me put it to you this way:

What is a tool? A tool is something that helps you get a job done. A phone, in this specific case an iPhone, is a tool that helps me be productive and be an active member of society through work, e-mail, and providing me access to the internet/social media.

The moment I do not use my iPhone as a productivity tool, but I end up caring about micro-scratches that I can only see at a SPECIFIC angle and a SPECIFIC lighting is when I am taking that time/brain power out of productivity and into caring for a tool that is supposed to make me productive. In other words, the tool that is supposed to make me productive (iPhone) is doing the opposite because it is requiring me to freak out and/or overreact to NORMAL wear & tear.

That being said, I feel like you misunderstand me. My purpose behind the message is simple. I do not go out of my way to ruin this phone. I do not go out of my way to scratch the phone, to break the screen or anything else that might compromise its ability to properly function as a productivity tool. But, I will use it for what it was built and the way it was built. Truthfully, I am actually as careful as I can be with the phone (i.e. I put it in my pockets often, I try to set it down gently, and sometimes on materials such as a mousepad or something soft so it has no chances to scratch.

But, with that being said, will I let normal wear & tear hinder me from using the phone to its potential? No.

It is a material item. Any damage on it is repairable, and if not the entire phone is replaceable. If you live beyond your means then it is understandable as to why you'd react this way. I am in no way trying to tell you the way you are going about it is wrong, but your questions and the way you ask me seems to make me believe that you are very new to this type of product or tier of products.

Point blank: Use the phone for what it is: a tool to help you be productive. The amount of time you spend worrying about micro-scratches or any NORMAL wear and tear is time you take away from your own work and productivity to accomplish things. I wish you all the best.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Okay, let me put it to you this way:

What is a tool? A tool is something that helps you get a job done. A phone, in this specific case an iPhone, is a tool that helps me be productive and be an active member of society through work, e-mail, and providing me access to the internet/social media.

The moment I do not use my iPhone as a productivity tool, but I end up caring about micro-scratches that I can only see at a SPECIFIC angle and a SPECIFIC lighting is when I am taking that time/brain power out of productivity and into caring for a tool that is supposed to make me productive. In other words, the tool that is supposed to make me productive (iPhone) is doing the opposite because it is requiring me to freak out and/or overreact to NORMAL wear & tear.

That being said, I feel like you misunderstand me. My purpose behind the message is simple. I do not go out of my way to ruin this phone. I do not go out of my way to scratch the phone, to break the screen or anything else that might compromise its ability to properly function as a productivity tool. But, I will use it for what it was built and the way it was built. Truthfully, I am actually as careful as I can be with the phone (i.e. I put it in my pockets often, I try to set it down gently, and sometimes on materials such as a mousepad or something soft so it has no chances to scratch.

But, with that being said, will I let normal wear & tear hinder me from using the phone to its potential? No.

It is a material item. Any damage on it is repairable, and if not the entire phone is replaceable. If you live beyond your means then it is understandable as to why you'd react this way. I am in no way trying to tell you the way you are going about it is wrong, but your questions and the way you ask me seems to make me believe that you are very new to this type of product or tier of products.

Point blank: Use the phone for what it is: a tool to help you be productive. The amount of time you spend worrying about micro-scratches or any NORMAL wear and tear is time you take away from your own work and productivity to accomplish things. I wish you all the best.
Totally agree, I couldn't say it better. :)

Cheers

BassSoLow

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Definitely use a screen protector. I got my 7 plus from apple and it had a small scratch out of the box. I put a screen protector on it and you can't even see it. Plus, it keeps the phone protected from future scratch and things too.

rudyalexc

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Definitely use a screen protector. I got my 7 plus from apple and it had a small scratch out of the box. I put a screen protector on it and you can't even see it. Plus, it keeps the phone protected from future scratch and things too.

While I don't use a case I do use a screen protector

rudyalexc

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Is not using a case kinda risky? My Cousin doesn't use a case & I always think it's kinda risky in case you drop it

I have a case as a precaution or to use when I do more demanding/dangerous stuff (biking, running, etc.)

But I tend to go careless outside of that

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
That's why so many people have cracked screens or chunks missing from the corner of their phones.

I hate cases. I never use them. But a glass screen protector is needed since the screen is made of, well, glass. But cases hide the Design of the phone. That?s why I believe designing a smartphone (which you will drop eventually) with a glass back is plain stupid (iphone 4, 4s, Samsung S6, S7...)
Just my opinion.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Is not using a case kinda risky? My Cousin doesn't use a case & I always think it's kinda risky in case you drop it

Its totally up to you, I myself have an otterbox commuter which I use when I know that I'll definitely be outdoors or at the job site.

As for the screen, if you're that worried put a screen protector on

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I hate cases. I never use them. But a glass screen protector is needed since the screen is made of, well, glass. But cases hide the Design of the phone. That?s why I believe designing a smartphone (which you will drop eventually) with a glass back is plain stupid (iphone 4, 4s, Samsung S6, S7...)
Just my opinion.

Rumors are the next one will have a glass back ;)

GolpherZX

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
This is the first iPhone that I have had where I'm going to need to get a screen protector. I have had iPhones since the iPhone4 when it came to Verizon, all in my pocket. I'm not doing anything different but now have a ton of scratches showing up on it. A coworker suggested the protector may get them to not appear, so I will try that first.

The only other thing I keep in the pocket with my iPhone is the head phones. Could the new lightning adapter be causing microscratches?

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I always keep my phone in my jeans pocket separate from everything else. It could have caused the micro scratches but I don't know for sure

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73