Unsecure Wi-Fi

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I know what the icon for the apps store look like. I can't access it.

Either I use the browser or try to acces the apps store it does not work

Again is it because I am using the phone on airplane mode while connected to an unsecured wifi (free) that I can't access the apps store.

And thanks to those trying to help

... at this point, all I can say is "good luck"

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Seems to me like you're dealing with bad wifi.
I have used free wifi in many countries and even more places and my iPhone never prevented me from downloading an app or visiting any website.

That being said, I have been connected to a few wifi where there was no internet connection behind it at all. It was a dud.

It could be in your case that the owner of the wifi has restricted access to the AppStore and some other websites and streaming services to guarantee a balanced internet experience for everybody.

Alain_A

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Seems to me like you're dealing with bad wifi.
I have used free wifi in many countries and even more places and my iPhone never prevented me from downloading an app or visiting any website.

That being said, I have been connected to a few wifi where there was no internet connection behind it at all. It was a dud.

It could be in your case that the owner of the wifi has restricted access to the AppStore and some other websites and streaming services to guarantee a balanced internet experience for everybody.

I can go to any website there is no problem with it

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I should have also mention in my first post that the phone is on airplane while on free wifi which does not required a password.
Make me think it's a limitation of the iPhone.

Last night I used a secured wifi from my android work phone then I could access the apple apps store.

I believe that if your iPhone is on airplane mode, you cannot access wifi. Try turning off airplane mode, and then connecting to the app store.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox