Switching between 3G and LTE

Leslie Hatcher

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Why does this phone keep dropping to 3G!? I have never had this happen before in the area I live in! Randomly drops to 3G and I have turn phone off and back on, for LTE to be used!!!!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It could be a carrier issue with a tower in your area... But you should update to the new iOS 10.0.3 that's out today, said to address cellular connectivity issues.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Anyhow, you don't have to restart iPhone when dropping to 3G.
Just go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Data Network and select 3G and after a few seconds LTE in there.

That will force your phone to connect to LTE without restarting.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Anyhow, you don't have to restart iPhone when dropping to 3G.
Just go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Data Network and select 3G and after a few seconds LTE in there.

That will force your phone to connect to LTE without restarting.
Or just toggle Airplane mode on then off again...

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
This is one of those bugs right? I am having the same thing happen only since I got the iPhone 7. Been meaning to go to Apple but haven't had time

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
It's an iOS 10 thing. It's been extremely annoying. I have the same problem, though on a 6s Plus, 3 of them mind you, two different networks.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I went to apple today and had them replace my iPhone 7. Asked them about this topic and the genius told me to contact my carrier(Verizon) and have them send me a new SIM card or update the carrier network settings. I asked her to replace my iPhone and they did. She said if it does keep happening to contact my carrier.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I went to apple today and had them replace my iPhone 7. Asked them about this topic and the genius told me to contact my carrier(Verizon) and have them send me a new SIM card or update the carrier network settings. I asked her to replace my iPhone and they did. She said if it does keep happening to contact my carrier.
It's not a phone issue...maybe it has an effect as well, but it is a software issue. If you go back to iOS 9 (I can at least on the 6s Plus), the problem is gone.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Definitely a problem still with iOS 10.1. I have to keep toggling airplane mode on and off several times a day to ensure LTE connectivity.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods