I just bought a 32gb iphone 7 and don't know If I made a mistake please reply!!!

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I bought an iphone 7 32gb and i don't know if I made a mistake, i bought it because i got it for a lot cheaper compared to the 128gb model. i don't download songs, movies or record or take photos. I just download lots of games. The biggest concern is It was recently found that the 32gb model is slower than the others. I am really upset and don't know what to do. I will receive it tomorrow or the day after if i cancel I receive it in 5 days if i order 128gb after canceling(it will cost a lot more). Please help i'm really upset. Should I cancel the order or keep it. Please reply!!!!
Synthetic benchmarks are the ruin of the market....
There is a negligible speed difference in read/write speed on the nand, that's perfectly normal and you can't notice during your usage.
The only question you need to answer is: are 32 Gb enough for me ? Music and photos need much less space than modern games....

radeon962

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Synthetic benchmarks are the ruin of the market....
There is a negligible speed difference in read/write speed on the nand, that's perfectly normal and you can't notice during your usage.
The only question you need to answer is: are 32 Gb enough for me ? Music and photos need much less space than modern games....

Sounds like a deliberate choice by Apple not just due to the smaller size based on other manufacturers 32gb phones.

From Forbes:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.forb...iphone-7-slow-32gb-storage/amp/?client=safari

And yet this isn?t a full defence, in fact it?s rather disingenuous. To use this argument ignores the fact that 42.4MB/s is not remotely near the limits of what 32GB solid state storage can achieve. Need an example? The 32GB Galaxy S7 Edge is benchmarked at 150MB/s while I benchmarked Google?s new 32GB Pixel XL which achieved a mouthwatering 301MB/s

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I'm not even going to waste my time in reading a Forbes article....
There is an explanation here on iMore.
BTW the write speeds on the 32 GB model aren't good at all, and this is something Apple have to address.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I think that, If you can afford an iPhone 7, you can afford to buy a 128gb model. If you pay such amount of money for phone, it has to perfect!

That's not always the case. If Apple didn't see a need for the 32 GB iPhone they wouldn't produce it. The vast majority of users don't require 128 GB of memory and will never know that the flash storage in the 32 GB model is slower than the other two models. The people on iMore and other forums represent a small minority of users. We pay attention to this stuff; hardly anybody else does.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I think that, If you can afford an iPhone 7, you can afford to buy a 128gb model. If you pay such amount of money for phone, it has to perfect!

That's not always the case. If Apple didn't see a need for the 32 GB iPhone they wouldn't produce it. The vast majority of users don't require 128 GB of memory and will never know that the flash storage in the 32 GB model is slower than the other two models. The people on iMore and other forums represent a small minority of users. We pay attention to this stuff; hardly anybody else does.

Agreed. just because you can buy the 128gb doesn't mean you should. If your needs dictate the larger size then go for it. If you've been using close to 32gb on your current phone(s) then go larger. 32gb is definitely better than the 16gb Apple has been offering to this point!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

This is assuming that everyone buys the iPhone outright, and that's simply not true. Verizon, for example, has or had a promotion where a person could get an iPhone 7 without any upfront out of pocket costs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox