Does iPhone has proximity censor?

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I have to assume cause when I put the phone in the otter box holster the screen does not go off

Make the test, next time. Talk on the phone then quickly bring it on front of you. If the screen lights up, the sensor works.
If the screen is already lit, the sensor doesn't work.

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
The proximity sensor should only turn your screen off when on a call. Your phones screen won't turn off when you put it in the holster because it doesn't offer the sleep/wake function like the iPad does. You'll either have to press the power button or wait for your screen to automatically shut off after the specified amount of time you set it at. Mine turns off after 1 minute of inactivity. I think you might be confusing the proximity sensor with the sleep/wake function, in which the iPhone does not offer.

Alain_A

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
The proximity sensor should only turn your screen off when on a call. Your phones screen won't turn off when you put it in the holster because it doesn't offer the sleep/wake function like the iPad does. You'll either have to press the power button or wait for your screen to automatically shut off after the specified amount of time you set it at. Mine turns off after 1 minute of inactivity. I think you might be confusing the proximity sensor with the sleep/wake function, in which the iPhone does not offer.

Right, I come from BB so that is how it was working. Put in holster light goes off and so on.
Now I'll have to get used to the new system.

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Ah I see, yeah the berries had that cool feature with the holsters. Also that awesome LED notification light. I miss those. If you were really worried about your screen taking too long when shutting off automatically you could always just set the screen timeout to turn off after 30 seconds of inactivity.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking that it could drain the battery faster. I'll get used to it

You can adjust the time until the phone locks / turns off.. if you have a fear of the screen being on too long ire: Battery.

Settings > Display > Auto-Lock

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner