Simultaneous voice and data on Sprint

MBM7881

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
So I'm absolutely loving my iPhone 7 and have no issues. I thought I'd miss the size of the plus, but actually find that the regular 7 is great. Battery life is great and it's so much better being able to use with one hand. Anyway quick question about Sprint itself. Can we not send MMS (picture files) on wifi? Also is there not an option with Sprint to talk and surf the web at the same time? I haven't had Sprint in years and definitely not an iPhone. I've had Verizon and then AT&T for about 5 years or so. I can't remember if this was something I was able to do on Sprint. I know with Verizon and AT&T I can. Thanks in advance.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: For those with Sprint

Data has to be enabled in order to send/receive MMS.
And, as long as your data is enabled, you can also talk and surf all at once

MBM7881

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site

Data has to be enabled in order to send/receive MMS.

I tried to do that yesterday (talk and surf data) and I couldn't. Am I missing something?

Rmorton0573

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
For those with Sprint

I tried to do that yesterday (talk and surf data) and I couldn't. Am I missing something?

No you are not missing anything. Sprint has not emplimented VoLTE (Voice over LTE) this is how you can talk and use internet at the same time on a CDMA carrier. You could on WiMax but that is defunct. I don't want to get to technical because this post can get long. Just know if your on the phone you can't use internet. However, if you are on Wi-Fi you can take a call and be on the internet at the same time.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

No you are not missing anything. Sprint has not emplimented VoLTE (Voice over LTE) this is how you can talk and use internet at the same time on a CDMA carrier. You could on WiMax but that is defunct. I don't want to get to technical because this post can get long. Just know if your on the phone you can't use internet. However, if you are on Wi-Fi you can take a call and be on the internet at the same time.

THIS.

MBM7881

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site

Oh ok. I got so used to being able to do this on Verizon and AT&T. Thanks for explaining it to me!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm on a Canadian carrier, though.

Yes...this is specifically a Sprint limitation in this case. Many other carriers offer this capability. I believe the Galaxy line of devices allow this on Sprint. For some reason, not all of their current smartphones allow it.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Only if you're using VoLTE for the call or WIFI for the data connection. Sprint's legacy CDMA network can not do voice and data over the cellular network at the same time.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Happens on Verizon too where there's no VoLTE available...

Verizon, at least in my experience, has areas where this is capable. I do this frequently. I was never able to do this on Sprint with my 6S. Didn't matter where I was it seemed like.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbbiePilgrim