Jet Black after a few weeks of use

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Good day ladies and gentleman,

I have all but made up my mind about getting the Jet Black iPhone 7. However, I would like to know how it has been holding up to general wear and tear when not used with case. If you can please provide pics.

Thanks

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You don't buy jet black if your worried about how it will hold up with out a case. You buy Jet black because you don't worry about those things.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
The title of the thread made it sound like the OP was giving an update on their use of a naked jet black after a few weeks use. Disappointed.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Good decision, but if you go without a case and are worried about it, make another colour choice. I've had mine for a week and refuse to go without a case. Any pics posted are always open for debate as well. We have no idea how any individual person treats their phone. Mine looks like it came out of the box. But I am careful with my phone.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I initially ordered the jet black. Then I saw it in person and then saw some YouTube videos on it and noticed it was getting scratched. So I changed my order to the matte black. After all if ur going to put it in a case will someone be able to notice which one it is since the fronts are basically the same. Spigen also makes a jet black case for the phone too

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I was in the Apple store today and took a good look at the Jet Black. I was amazed, once I positioned it right, just how scratched up the back is. Most are very minor, maybe quarter of an inch, and not something you'd typically notice; though there was one obvious scratch over an inch. It is a beautiful phone, but I just don't think I could be happy with it when it scratches that easily.

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Firstly, I can live with a scratched phone and it is for this reason that I am getting the Jet Black. Secondly, I have never put any of my devices in a case or used a screen protector. They look hideous as far as I'm concerned.

I really just wanted to know how it holds up to general wear and tear because I haven't seen this addressed yet. All I see are people deliberately scratching the phone to prove a point.

zwuncki

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
2 weeks now and a thin line of micro scratches way from the beginning of the corners on the upper and lower side and now a mini scratch on the back. But you don't see it in normal life, only when putting the device against the light, and even then only in the sun or bright light. I only used it without a case and only in a KAVAJ leather sleeve when in my bag! No TPU case or anything as I like to use my phone naked.

Very happy with it. But also read that Apple has several manufacturer producing the housing of at least the Jet Black version. So maybe there is also a need of luck of which Jet Black you get.

When you use your phone naked without a case or screen protectors there is one more thing to consider. Scratches vs a maybe broken display. It's so grippy, at least the normal iPhone 7 is so much less slippery than the matt iPhones. For me that's the best reason to buy the Jet Black. Forget about scratches when the display is broken because it slipped out of your hand.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Firstly, I can live with a scratched phone and it is for this reason that I am getting the Jet Black. Secondly, I have never put any of my devices in a case or used a screen protector. They look hideous as far as I'm concerned.

I really just wanted to know how it holds up to general wear and tear because I haven't seen this addressed yet. All I see are people deliberately scratching the phone to prove a point.

Your perogative. Each person it clearly different. You are a polar opposite to me. I do understand some of the responses you are receiving. Your thread title can be interpreted as a review. You are right about seeing images of the Jet Black being purposely abused as far as I am concerned. Most average people are not going to have a phone that looks like what I have seen. Hopefully some people who use their JB phones will come along and give you an idea of how it is holding up. I'd be interested in reading it.

I was in the Apple store today and took a good look at the Jet Black. I was amazed, once I positioned it right, just how scratched up the back is. Most are very minor, maybe quarter of an inch, and not something you'd typically notice; though there was one obvious scratch over an inch. It is a beautiful phone, but I just don't think I could be happy with it when it scratches that easily.

You are looking at a phone on display that is handled by hundreds if not thousands of people on a daily basis. This is not a proper assessment of normal daily use.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
You are looking at a phone on display that is handled by hundreds if not thousands of people on a daily basis. This is not a proper assessment of normal daily use.

While I agree with this, it is also worth noting the phone is staying in a relatively controlled environment; it isn't being jammed into pants pockets or thrown into purses, or any of thecrazy things people do to their phones. The not "normal daily use" argument does cut both ways. What is maybe more telling is that the phones around it, in all of the other colors, are not showing the scratches that the Jet Black is. While the Jet Black phone likely is getting more attention, it isn't getting that much more than the Matte Black (which is the alternative), yet the Matte Black seemingly had no scratches.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner