Apple leather case treatment

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone here tried applying any form of leather conditioning to the official Apple leather case? Since it's genuine leather I assume you can treat it as any other leather product to protect it from the elements. Feel free to share. Thank you.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone here tried applying any form of leather conditioning to the official Apple leather case? Since it's genuine leather I assume you can treat it as any other leather product to protect it from the elements. Feel free to share. Thank you.

All the cases I have had re: Apple Leather, I have never had to do anything but a quick clean. I have never treated it like other leather products. It wears quite well.

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site

I've rubbed some otter wax that I had left over from my leather work boots, then took a warm blow dryer to it to help soak it in. Like with anything from apple, I don't think the quality of "leather" apple is using on their cases really benefits from any type of treatment. The words "premium leather" seems to be a play on marketing. I'm not bashing them,I do prefer the leather cases out of my 8 cases.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

What color case are you asking about? Some react differently (better) to wear than others. Colors like red look terrible over time, while other colors actually look better with handling.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
What color case are you asking about? Some react differently (better) to wear than others. Colors like red look terrible over time, while other colors actually look better with handling.

So true. My mom got the rose grey or whatever it was called for her 6s and it looks HORRIBLE now! It's all dry and cracked.

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the black. Now that I won't be as shy using it if it happens to be mildly raining outside I don't want to destroy the nice leather so I was curious if anyone had treated their cases. I've heard some say they use mink oil. I don't really know though. I figured a forum like this with all the combined experiences would have feedback. Thanks all.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So true. My mom got the rose grey or whatever it was called for her 6s and it looks HORRIBLE now! It's all dry and cracked.

The darker colors tend to look best, while the lighter colors discolor to the point where they don't look that great. If I had a lighter color, I'd go ahead and try the treatment. Couldn't hurt, and if it works, you'll be happy :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner