Apple the commie

Status
Not open for further replies.

justins24

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Why can't I install (side load) third party apps if I want. It's my ******* phone. Blocking the apps after I used them the day before. One of the joys of android.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Why buy an iPhone, especially new ones that don't have jailbreaks available knowing that you can't do certain things...then whine bout it? It is what it is...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Why can't I install (side load) third party apps if I want. It's my ******* phone. Blocking the apps after I used them the day before. One of the joys of android.

The device, in and of itself may be yours but the operating system therein is still proprietary.

justins24

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
And so what. As long as you don't resell the software and are using it personally why are they limiting the user experience. So then technically we don't own the phone no matter what by your statement.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've got 5 days to decide. I'm sure i won't get empathy

Good luck in whatever you decide. No one is against your desires, you just can't buy buy a square and complain it's not a circle. Whatever works best for you is what you should go with. There may be a JB coming, who know, but regardless it's not a topic we discuss here. There are many other forums if you want to go that route. We're a good community here at iMore, helping others with Apple issues and the user experience. We're here when needed for those matters Good luck!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Good luck in whatever you decide. No one is against your desires, you just can't buy buy a square and complain it's not a circle. Whatever works best for you is what you should go with. There may be a JB coming, who know, but regardless it's not a topic we discuss here. There are many other forums if you want to go that route. We're a good community here at iMore, helping others with Apple issues and the user experience. We're here when needed for those matters Good luck!

I totally agree, but we absolutely welcome jailbreak discussion and have a dedicated subforum for the topic. Here's a link:
http://forums.imore.com/jailbreaking-unlocking-hacks-themes-mods/

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I've got 5 days to decide. I'm sure i won't get empathy

There's pros and cons to every OS. It's not about empathy. These forums and the responses are often times a product of how the original post is phrased.

Instead of going on about the inability to sideload why not just ask if there's a solution like this...

"After switching to iOS I've lost the ability to use some apps and sideloading isn't an option. Are there any other apps available I can use instead that will mimic these apps?"

If you posted that, you would have solicited completely different responses but instead you jumped into a "what's wrong with iOS statement"...

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Are you saying that you bought an iPhone and did not do your research. If you don't like it, blame yourself and not Apple? No one forced you how to spend your money or your parents money.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Why do I get the feeling the original post was nothing but trolling? Unless you know absolutely nothing about smartphones and aren't tech smart, everyone knows iPhones rely on iTunes and the App Store. You want to add whatever third-party apps you can to your phone? Stick with Android - that's a no brainer.

justins24

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
It's not a troll. It's a bit ridiculous that you pay almost a grand for a device that's locked down. There are some features I like, but Apple should allow side loading with section in their terms and conditions that installing 3rd party apps could possibly void your warranty. This idea of being closed off from doing anything is the reason why Apple gets a lot of disdain.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
It's not a troll. It's a bit ridiculous that you pay almost a grand for a device that's locked down. There are some features I like, but Apple should allow side loading with section in their terms and conditions that installing 3rd party apps could possibly void your warranty. This idea of being closed off from doing anything is the reason why Apple gets a lot of disdain.
So buy something else. Easy solution.

Your thread title is ridiculous.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

The thing is, as already been stated, no one is forced to purchase an iPhone or any other Apple Product. Furthermore, it is well known that Apple devices are locked down as opposed to Google products and therefore, to complain about something you know or should have known prior to purchasing it has no merit. Furthermore, a continued attempt to prove a point that simply doesn't exist will almost always come across as trollish, in my opinion.

Last edited:

MBM7881

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Why do I get the feeling the original post was nothing but trolling? Unless you know absolutely nothing about smartphones and aren't tech smart, everyone knows iPhones rely on iTunes and the App Store. You want to add whatever third-party apps you can to your phone? Stick with Android - that's a no brainer.

Exactly this. I went from Android to Apple and very happy with my decision. Besides, all the apps I use on Android, I have on Apple. I wonder what apps the OP is talking about?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Did you buy an iOS device thinking you could do the things you want to? It does come across as trolling because it's not something that is new -- and iPhones have been out since 2007. Otherwise what's the point of the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro