Cases for iPhone 7/7 Plus

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I recently returned a 7 Plus and I may be trying to get a regular Jet Black 7, but I have a question about cases. I have an Otterbox Commuter case for a regular iPhone 6s. Will this case fit a regular 7 since the camera bump didn't appear to change too much? I purchased an Apple silicone case for the 7 Plus before I decided to return it, and it fits my 6s Plus just fine. The larger camera opening on the back is a little off considering the differences in the camera bump, but it still fits. Just wondering if anyone has tried a 6s case with the regular 7? Thanks for all replies!

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Sorry while it's the same dimensions the 6s case won't work on the 7.
I myself am using a commuter made for the 7; it'll work in reverse but not the other way around

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I recently returned a 7 Plus and I may be trying to get a regular Jet Black 7, but I have a question about cases. I have an Otterbox Commuter case for a regular iPhone 6s. Will this case fit a regular 7 since the camera bump didn't appear to change too much? I purchased an Apple silicone case for the 7 Plus before I decided to return it, and it fits my 6s Plus just fine. The larger camera opening on the back is a little off considering the differences in the camera bump, but it still fits. Just wondering if anyone has tried a 6s case with the regular 7? Thanks for all replies!

Return it.. won't work. As mentioned the Camera will not line up correctly. So you're better off returning it. My wife is using the new leather iPhone 7 case for her 6, and that works, it just adds a drop more of an opening around the camera. The reverse blocks it.

Peaco

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Apples smart battery case for 7. Love not having to worry about battery life. It's also not as bulky as most other battery cases and it feels nice in hand. You can also charge it with lightning cable instead of USB like other battery cases which is very nice.

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Just to kind of repeat what everyone else is saying here. iPhone 7 cases will work with iPhone 6/6S but not the other way around. There are a few cases - I have one made by a company called Slik - it is a knock off of Spigen - and it has a large camera opening and works with the 6/6S and 7 but those cases are few are far in between.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
If it's hard plastic you can modify it the way I did to this Mophie:
d8ae6f2306a694b908e9feccdb26ef1b.jpg
9f5f1db3c5441a1c8f6aa49da2e5fb6d.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member