Home button

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I bought The iPhone 7 yesterday & i'm still getting used to the home button. Is there a way to change it back to the way The 5S used to be?

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Kinda, if you're talking about the push to unlock change. Settings\general\accessibility\home button\Rest Finger to Open "on"

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I just don't like the way the home Button fells after coming from 5S. Is the vibration feel a setting or is it part of the phone itself. I tried "turning reset finger" ON but couldn't tell a difference

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I just don't like the way the home Button fells after coming from 5S. Is the vibration feel a setting or is it part of the phone itself. I tried "turning reset finger" ON but couldn't tell a difference

It's going to feel different because you're going from an actual button to a force touch surface with haptic feedback. You can adjust the intensity of the feedback in Settings > General > Home Button.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

In a nutshell... No, you can't change it. As they stated above, the only other choice is "rest finger to open." If that's not enough, than maybe return it and go back to a 6s. However keep in mind, eventually the 6s will be old and you will have to change to whatever Apple will be offering. I am thinking haptics will be their direction for a while.

iEsther

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I started liking the new home button because I don't have choice to hate it.
But I love that original buttons specifically from the iPhone 3G and 4G.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Myself, I have adapted quite well to the new home button and I like the fact that there is one less mechanical part to fail. It also helps in the water resistance process being one less gasket that has to be engineered into the device.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I went to an Apple Store this afternoon to check out the new iPhones, and the Home button definitely took me aback. Initially, it definitely feels weird, but I think it's fine. I also immediately got used to the whole tap to unlock the screen thing while playing with models in the store (I have yet to download iOS 10 to my iPhone 6s yet).

I also can't believe I'm saying this, but I might actually go for the Plus version of the next iPhone I get. It's a little awkward handling it, but not really, and that larger screen is pretty awesome.

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I bought The iPhone 7 yesterday & i'm still getting used to the home button. Is there a way to change it back to the way The 5S used to be?

Wow so this new home button is a home run IMHO. I've used iPhones since the very first one in '07. I loved how apple improved the home buttons "feel" and quality at the same time.. when I saw the Touch ID i knew there was so much more to come and this force touch hits it out of the ball park. I mean it literally feels like you're pressing a. Jetton even with a speck case on it and even when it's on the table. I think this home button is great, it even feels a bit "shallow" so your switching between apps seems just faster and fluent. There three options for home button intensity. Have fun iPhone-ing 🎃🎃🎃

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2