iphone 7 Waterproof. ? Anyone tested it

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I have an iphone 7 and if still afraid to try it under water as the warranty policy in India is very steep. People share your views about water related to iphone 7

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I have not tested it, but not sure why you would even consider taking the phone underwater unless you had it in a waterproof case. In the keynote it said water resistant, not waterproof. If you are concerned then I would not even consider it. It is the one thing Apple is adamant about not repairing, a water damaged phone. And I honestly think they would find a way to argue their point. Only my opinion, but I would have a waterproof case on it if I were taking it in the water, especially for extended periods of time.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't consider the water resistance a feature to test. It is there, I'm glad it exists, but I sincerely hope never needing it.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I have not tested it, but not sure why you would even consider taking the phone underwater unless you had it in a waterproof case. In the keynote it said water resistant, not waterproof. If you are concerned then I would not even consider it. It is the one thing Apple is adamant about not repairing, a water damaged phone. And I honestly think they would find a way to argue their point. Only my opinion, but I would have a waterproof case on it if I were taking it in the water, especially for extended periods of time.

What I meant was in swimming pool. To take photo shot on the surface of water and not underwater. Coz on youtube you see iphone 7 fully submerged in water for half an hour without having any problem. That`s why I was curious. But thanks for the update i would not do anything like that now.

bchain996

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
95de3ff77ca1af9aeca622c70af58253.jpg
this is the closest I've came which is rinsing the phone off when it gets dirty

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Did podcasts in the shower.

I haven't done what I did with the Galaxy S7 and taken it swimming in the lake, but I'm pretty sure it'd do fine, given the test that showed the iPhone 7 beating the S7 in river tests.

But now I'm just at ease with the feature existing, I don't need to stress it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Did podcasts in the shower.

I haven't done what I did with the Galaxy S7 and taken it swimming in the lake, but I'm pretty sure it'd do fine, given the test that showed the iPhone 7 beating the S7 in river tests.

But now I'm just at ease with the feature existing, I don't need to stress it.

By "did podcasts" I'm assuming you meant "listened to podcasts" and not "hosted podcasts" in the shower.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I watched a video last night, where they were using the iPhone under water with scuba gear to record a movie. Worked well for a while. When they took it too deep for too long, it finally damaged the phone. Overall it did an amazing job. I was impressed. Makes me feel safer if it falls into the pool or puddle for a moment or two. I don't intend to use mine under water, but it's nice to know it can take an ooops dip.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have always been skeptical about the term "water resistant", to me that means it will withstand minor moisture exposure and not using the device as a piece of scuba gear.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't put it underwater since it's water-resistant and not waterproof. There's a difference. Water-resistant means you can accidentally spill water on your phone or it can withstand an accidental spill... But it doesn't mean you should take a dunk into a pool while holding your phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice