Which case are you using on your iPhone 7?

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I have to say the new Spigen Ultra Hybrid is a great case, it has a LOT more protection on the side lips of the screen and the camera bump is huge in comparison. Better grip on the sides also despite being curved to the contour of the phone. For $26 Cdn it wasn’t money wasted.

0ae1b2c9f5329cb866bc9f98456986a7.jpg
b01985f3b5177d34fb52a7be92e5da0e.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I plan to keep the 7 for another year, still just as fast as when I got it)

I hear ya, my 7 Plus was a beast and I kept it for 2 years. It could have easily went another year or two. However, while my 7 plus didn't slow down I can definitely tell the speed difference and overall performance with my Xs Max. I skipped my yearly upgrade and waited two years, glad I did, now I can really appreciate the word upgrade...LOL

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I hear ya, my 7 Plus was a beast and I kept it for 2 years. It could have easily went another year or two. However, while my 7 plus didn't slow down I can definitely tell the speed difference and overall performance with my Xs Max. I skipped my yearly upgrade and waited two years, glad I did, now I can really appreciate the word upgrade...LOL

Yep I understand. In this past week I helped my friend who has never had an Apple product, set up his new iPhone 8 that he got in black. Beautiful phone in fact I gave him the Spigen Ultra Hybid case you see above, and I went back to my OtterBox commuter on my seven, but there didn’t seem to be much if any speed difference between the 7and the 8 that I noticed.

My two year contract is finally up with Rogers so immediately I shifted to a cheaper plan so now I’m paying $65 a month and I’m glad to save that money. I don’t think I ever want to sign a contract again because you can go on a cheaper plan if you out right buy or already own the phone. The only problem is something like the new iPhone XR is $1049 Canadian, so I guess I better start saving ;-). I will try to go at least until fall with this iPhone 7 and my battery health is still pretty good at 88% so maybe I can squeeze even another year out of it. With the Otterbox commuter I know I’m well protected Even if I drop it on a sidewalk.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yep I understand. In this past week I helped my friend who has never had an Apple product, set up his new iPhone 8 that he got in black. Beautiful phone in fact I gave him the Spigen Ultra Hybid case you see above, and I went back to my OtterBox commuter on my seven, but there didn’t seem to be much if any speed difference between the 7and the 8 that I noticed.

My two year contract is finally up with Rogers so immediately I shifted to a cheaper plan so now I’m paying $65 a month and I’m glad to save that money. I don’t think I ever want to sign a contract again because you can go on a cheaper plan if you out right buy or already own the phone. The only problem is something like the new iPhone XR is $1049 Canadian, so I guess I better start saving ;-). I will try to go at least until fall with this iPhone 7 and my battery health is still pretty good at 88% so maybe I can squeeze even another year out of it. With the Otterbox commuter I know I’m well protected Even if I drop it on a sidewalk.

I understand that. I recently put the Otterbox Defender on my Xs Max because I plan on keeping it for a minimum of two years and want it to last with the max (no pun intended) protection for everyday use. Don't get me wrong, I love my Apple Leather cases and will keep them in reserve for when style and charisma is required ...LOL

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
OK so I was at Winners store in my hometown in Saskatchewan here and they have quite a good couple of deals on iPhone 7 cases. I’d like to know everyone’s impressions of these cases or if you’ve ever had one. I ended up getting the Speck Presidio Grip model in Granite Grey for only $17 and at retail stores they go for around $50 here. I noticed on Amazon they might run around $30-$35. One thing people were complaining about in the reviews for the Presidio Grip case is that the rubber grip lines can start peeling after only a couple weeks or so but I am Not the kind of person who crams a cell phone into my back pocket. I’m pretty easy on my cases. Another complaint there seems to be about this case after reading every single review I could find is that if you drop the phone with this case the case usually breaks, because it’s sort of a hard type of polycarbonate plastic. And one other issue is that I find the lip very small over the glass screen and on some YouTube videos they drop them from the rated 10 feet it’s supposed to be good for or less and if it lands on the screen it’s bye-bye iPhone screen and hello spider webbing. Of course those were broken without using any sort of screen protector on it and I always use a screen protector. I guess I’m feeling like the phone is a little naked since I am used to using an OtterBox commuter for the last year and a half so I’m just wondering what everyone’s experience with the speck Presidio Grip has been?

The other case that you see here it was only $12.99 and it is the new pelican Marine waterproof clear case for the iPhone 7 or eight and apparently it’s five pieces or five layers of protection and according to some of the reviews the case can break up in many pieces if you drop your phone with it. But you know for $12.99 I almost took the plunge just to play with the case but I didn’t bother. Notice on Amazon these cases can be up to $70 or so, Canadian prices of course.

Which would you say is the better model here?

Nice click buttons on the Speck for the volume buttons but for some reason I don’t find the clickiness to be the same or as stiff onnthe power sleep button. I prefer the stiff buttons on my Commuter case because then I do not accidentally turn the screen off the way I hold the device sometimes.

3622ec11464645245b7cfd02b6e61777.jpg
a10a9770b73873e18492d1ba1716743e.jpg
f0f72a7d5a2751b07cee71f25f08896a.jpg
f7d038cdab60e11ba72e9bbeef9cd8ba.jpg

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Good point. Whichever affords the best protection.

You know I have a buddy who has been using the same black life proof case on his iPhone 6 since the phone was brand new, there are gaping holes worn on the side of it, it looks beaten to a pulp and the built-in screen protector literally feels like sandpaper, screen looks all hazy. I’m sure they’re great when they’re new LOL but I think I would rather just use the tempered glass screen protectors. One thing about his life proof case though it’s not as thick as any OtterBox Defender with the built-in screen protector.

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Ok so I couldn’t resist, went back and bought a spare Speck Presidio Grip and that Pelican case....

Will probably give the Pelican to a buddy who just got an iPhone 8 (should fit) because he is a fisherman

5cf53eb63c37c5f5e70f28c610a21278.jpg

d09fab6347a7b65924a49db2489d531e.jpg

37f9e68caf4468faa41d15dde0e0d3e9.jpg

9f267fa218ee35927ce9d2c58c1ca99f.jpg

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I couldn’t resist, went back and bought a spare Speck Presidio Grip and that Pelican case....

Will probably give the Pelican to a buddy who just got an iPhone 8 (should fit) because he is a fisherman

5cf53eb63c37c5f5e70f28c610a21278.jpg

d09fab6347a7b65924a49db2489d531e.jpg

37f9e68caf4468faa41d15dde0e0d3e9.jpg

9f267fa218ee35927ce9d2c58c1ca99f.jpg

Yeah. My buddy has the pelican for the 7/8 and loved it. He can still wirelessly charge with it on as well

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Yeah. My buddy has the pelican for the 7/8 and loved it. He can still wirelessly charge with it on as well

One thing about that pelican you sure have to only use Apple lightning chargers because my aftermarket one wouldn’t fit. It’s quite a deep hole too, I guess a guy could file down the block that surrounds the lightning part. But yeah I really liked how the buttons were clicky and nice and firm, even more firm than my OtterBox commuter and I like that so I don’t accidentally hit buttons the way I hold a phone sometimes.

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
So I just bought a Lumee “two” case in white. The LED’s are pretty cool and it will light up an entire room but I am curious if anyone else has one and wondering if there’s turns off after about two minutes? Because I think I read it supposed to run at least continuously about an hour or more.

EDIT: it runs 5 minutes and turns off. Would love to be able to set this to stay on but I guess we cannot have everything ;)

79c6318777586d16daa82b340317f50c.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro