Scratched up iPhone 7

nalakrub

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Protection depends on the situation. For everyday, I use a Rhinoshield, but if I need to dress up, then I go without a case; fits better in suit pockets.

Jacob_LMay

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I rarely, if ever, use a case on my devices. I take care of them, and so far have been pretty fortunate to not have any nasty drops. I don't mind scratches on the metal and the tiny scratches that you get in the oleophobic coating on the screen. To me, every ding, scratch, and minor dent tells a story. It kind of reminds me of the original iPod that scratched up so badly.

Curious, could you post a photo of what your phone look like with the dents. I agree, it tells a story!

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm completely OCD about my gadgets, so I would definitely have issues if my phone got all scratched up. However, I did buy my iPhone 7 used, and it has very, very barely noticeable scratches on the back. My 6s got a teeny hairline scratch somewhere on the lower right portion of its screen and I freaked out! It's not noticeable with a tempered glass screen protector, though (I should have instantly bought those instead of waiting until I owned the phone for a year and a half!).

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm completely OCD about my gadgets, so I would definitely have issues if my phone got all scratched up. However, I did buy my iPhone 7 used, and it has very, very barely noticeable scratches on the back. My 6s got a teeny hairline scratch somewhere on the lower right portion of its screen and I freaked out! It's not noticeable with a tempered glass screen protector, though (I should have instantly bought those instead of waiting until I owned the phone for a year and a half!).

I have had Tempered Glass and a case on my phone since the first day. I am so OCD about scratches it’s not even healthy, lol. I didn’t buy a case for my Apple Watch because I’ve seen the dirt get underneath those and scratch the Aluminum. I also don’t see a reason to put a screen protector on my Watch but time will tell.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I always hated cases and never used one on the 5s it was a rugged phone. When I got the 6 I started using the Apple leather case and a tempered glass screen protector because the screens rounded edge's, Especially now with the 8 and it's glass back. I've watched a few drop test and they crack pretty easy.

OmegaPrime85

Aug 13, 2017
Visit site
I always hated cases and never used one on the 5s it was a rugged phone. When I got the 6 I started using the Apple leather case and a tempered glass screen protector because the screens rounded edge's, Especially now with the 8 and it's glass back. I've watched a few drop test and they crack pretty easy.

I just got the leather apple case for my iPhone 7. It feels great.
Have a tempered screen protector on it too.

I like the otter box defender. But they are just so bulky. These phones are nice and slim and feel good and the bulky cases take away from that.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I have had Tempered Glass and a case on my phone since the first day. I am so OCD about scratches it’s not even healthy, lol. I didn’t buy a case for my Apple Watch because I’ve seen the dirt get underneath those and scratch the Aluminum. I also don’t see a reason to put a screen protector on my Watch but time will tell.

Hopefully, you have better luck with your Apple Watch than I've had with my Fitbit Charge 2. I wish I'd known that screen protectors for it existed before a couple of months ago because I have several scratches on the screen! So frustrating.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Is the FitBit glass?

I actually didn't know what it was until I just Googled it. Apparently, it's some type of plastic that's supposed to be more resistant to scratches. Go and figure that it's NOT more scratch-resistant. Probably not worth buying a screen protector at this point.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73