Curious about battery life

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Many people claims that the iPhone 7 has all most as good battery as the 7 plus has. Tried to find some benchmarks from Internet but couldn't find one.
Anyone has insight to the matter? What I heard from 6s and 6s+, the latter had a lot better battery performance than the regular 6s had. So is that the case again?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the Plus versions have nearly an additional 1,000mah in their batteries. It is impossible under identical circumstances for the smaller battery to last as long as the larger battery. Under different use cases and scenarios, it's possible for a smaller battery to outlast a larger one, though the larger one would have to be used a lot. So again, no, it's impossible for the smaller iPhones to have the same or better battery life than the larger ones.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Is the iPhone 7 battery noticeably better that the 6S?

I have noticed the battery on my new iPhone 7 is noticeably better then my 6s, I can go an entire day without charging even with heavy email and phone use. For myself it was well worth the upgrade.

aspireca

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I experienced 10% = 1 hours, screen on & we use the phone for either browsing, chatting, telephone...etc..
not to mention if the phone is in standby mode, i quess it can survive the whole day long...and arrive home with some battery left.

Fille84

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the Plus versions have nearly an additional 1,000mah in their batteries. It is impossible under identical circumstances for the smaller battery to last as long as the larger battery. Under different use cases and scenarios, it's possible for a smaller battery to outlast a larger one, though the larger one would have to be used a lot. So again, no, it's impossible for the smaller iPhones to have the same or better battery life than the larger ones.

Well the plus has a larger 1080p screen, you have to take that into consideration.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
My wife went from a 6s to a 7 and she has said she gets better performance out of the battery, but she's not a nerd like I am to try to provide any data. I am currently in a 7 from a 6s plus (and strongly considering the 7 plus) and I was hoping to determine if the 7 was really close to the 6s plus in battery life as has been stated. Unfortunately, I got an Apple Watch right when I got my 7, so now I'm running Bluetooth all day and the battery life is nowhere near what I was getting on the 6s plus. I could leave the watch at home for a few days, but where's the fun in that?

Fille84

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
The screen technology has nothing to do with this. A 1080p screen always drain more battery than o lower res screen, OLED or LED. Really how much more it drains in percentage I don't know but there is a clear difference there thats for sure. And the same goes for screen size.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
My wife went from a 6s to a 7 and she has said she gets better performance out of the battery, but she's not a nerd like I am to try to provide any data. I am currently in a 7 from a 6s plus (and strongly considering the 7 plus) and I was hoping to determine if the 7 was really close to the 6s plus in battery life as has been stated. Unfortunately, I got an Apple Watch right when I got my 7, so now I'm running Bluetooth all day and the battery life is nowhere near what I was getting on the 6s plus. I could leave the watch at home for a few days, but where's the fun in that?

I feel your pain, Joker. I was moaning and groaning about battery life of my 6s decreasing since I loaded iOS10...but I never thought about my Apple Watch syncing with my phone via bluetooth all day, and I guess that's been the major culprit. :straight-face:

If I decide to upgrade to the 7, and it gives me as good a battery life as my 6s did before iOS10/AW...which means 40-50% left after a work day, I'll be very satisfied.

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I have both iPhone 6s Plus and 7 Plus both running 11.1.2. The battery life is terrible on the 7 Plus. The 6s Plus seems to have better battery life than 7 plus. I am not using the 7 Plus for anything other than checking email, FB, etc.. I am not gaming or watching movies on it. It must be a hardware issue. I know that certain Apps drain the battery as well as certain settings cause the drain of the battery.

I hope Apple releases a fix to this issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice