picking the 7 over the 7 plus

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
I seriously need Apple to create a phone that shrinks down when I just need a phone, and expands out when I need a tiny computer.

If they can do this in the Marvel universe, why can't they do that in hours?

Ha, I was just thinking this yesterday. I just bought a 5s from Facebook on Friday and have been messing around with it the past couple days. I think I like it better than my 6s+ just because of light weight, one handed, portability, and pocket ability. But when I use my 6s+, it's nice to watch Netflix on that HD screen.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I picked up a black 128 GB iPhone 7 yesterday from a nearby Apple Store. Thus far, the battery appears in-line with that of my iPhone 6S Plus. Last year, I purchased the iPhone 6S and then swapped it out a day or two later for the 6S Plus. Will I do the same with the 7? Maybe. Maybe not. All I know is that I'm enjoying this device at the moment.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Well, I picked up a black 128 GB iPhone 7 yesterday from a nearby Apple Store. Thus far, the battery appears in-line with that of my iPhone 6S Plus. Last year, I purchased the iPhone 6S and then swapped it out a day or two later for the 6S Plus. Will I do the same with the 7? Maybe. Maybe not. All I know is that I'm enjoying this device at the moment.

I've had both 7 and 7 Plus. Battery this year is much better on the Plus. Not even close. Here's my stats from yesterday on 7 Plus
becdbaac2493cbd899c421f465c340e6.jpg

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been going back and forth with the idea of returning my plus for the regular 7 but have yet to make a final decision. I have 1 week from today to make my mind up.

The regular 7 is the perfect size for the hand and pocket, but the lack of battery is what scares me. I've had my 6+ for 2 years and never had an issue with battery, but all previous iPhones I always had to charge at least once throughout the day to make it.
I don't like the idea of a battery case for the 7, because the only reason I will go to the 7 is for the smaller size (adding a battery case to it adds bulk and weight).
I'm not 100% sold on the dual camera design, although 10.1 beta with portrait is fun, I don't need it and that is not a sole reason to keep the 7+.
I wish I would have went with the 7 in the first place, this way if I didn't like the battery life I could exchange it for the plus, but now I have the plus, and only get 1 exchange, if its the wrong move (plus to regular) then I am stuck.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The dual camera is the only reason I could / would consider the 7+. I was at the Bridgeport Apple & AT&T Store in Tigard OR a week or so ago, and played with the 7+. The camera is nice. It's just too big of a phone for my chubby little hands. I also use a belt clip case when at work or in my left pocket at home. It's just too big for me. The 4.7" is about the max size that works. My old 5S seems so tiny now (we still have that one and oddly a 3s, why... not sure)

I think the 4.7" is the right size. I wish I could get a dual camera with depth of field on the iPhone 7, but we can't have everything.

brookeyydooo

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
The battery is amazing on the plus and it is a lot lighter than the 6s plus. also the camera/portrait mode is beautiful i feel like you would enjoy the 7 and love the pocket life of it. but then you would have the though that you could have had the plus..
aka what happened to me
went from the 7 to the plus and although i had a sweet jet black 7 the plus is just everything in one. even if it means a little bulkier in the pockets
if they come out with the next iphone mirroring the same internal specs and camera as the plus i would so get it. but i love taking pictures on my phone .

woesong

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm with you. I have a 6 Plus and an Amazon Fire, and I find myself using the latter - as now - because the form factor as they call it works. I'm gonna sell the 6 Plus and bring in an SE , in fact!