Battery life.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a question and maybe this is the wrong place but it's about an iPhone 7 battery.
A coworker has an iPhone 7 and he's getting bad battery life. He's using Spotify at work, which I don't use and I'm seeing good battery life. We checked his battery stats and it said safari audio and Spotify audio were the top two drainers, specifically the safari audio. He said he's not using safari audio and all his apps are shut off. Does Spotify also pull from safari, or does he have a setting on that he needs to shut off?

I use Spotify more than any other music app and I do not notice any extra battery drain.. After I stopped using Soundcloud I got great battery life again, I love that app too... Here's my screenshot after using Spotify all day at work!
a24c89f9fb39b7506083964814c3c395.jpg
d6d895fc54889e91a485e83e206dce90.jpg

00silvergt

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
My battery life is pretty unspectacular. I was off the charger at 4:30 am and by 8:30 was down to 90%. The only usage was connecting bluetooth to my Apple watch and the Sync 3 system in my Ford. No calls, no browsing. I let it go until noon...down to 78%...no usage other that emails coming in.

My old 6s Plus would get me through the day and at 5:00 pm would only be down to 80%

Has anyone else experienced any battery drain?

Thanks in advance.

Hey my mom just got her rose gold iPhone 7 plus on monday 32gb. Wednesday she took it to school with her it was at 100% at midnight when she went to bed sat on the chair all night no activity whatsoever emails weren't even turned on yet. Before lunch the following day she sent 3 text messages and her phone was down to 18%

zwuncki

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I ordered a 7 (for my old 6S Plus), wanted to downgrade in display size. Better battery on the small iPhone was one reason to downgrade now to 7 as the 6S was really not good from what I've read. Now that people say they have similar battery life as the 6S makes me wonder if I made the right decision. Same apps and same settings as before?

I got a "new" refurbished Macbook 12 from Apple two weeks ago. Battery life compared to my MBP13 from 2013 was terrible first, maybe half of the MBPs. But after 1-2 weeks it's almost similar, so maybe you should give your phone some time. I guess it really is right that battery life will improve over the first weeks. At least it was so with my Macbook and as I can remember also with a lot of other gadgets.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is pretty unspectacular. I was off the charger at 4:30 am and by 8:30 was down to 90%. The only usage was connecting bluetooth to my Apple watch and the Sync 3 system in my Ford. No calls, no browsing. I let it go until noon...down to 78%...no usage other that emails coming in.

My old 6s Plus would get me through the day and at 5:00 pm would only be down to 80%

Has anyone else experienced any battery drain?

Thanks in advance.

My battery usage on my 7 honestly isn't much different than my 6s. Perhaps a touch better, but about the same.

I take back my comments somewhat. Last night, I was at 8% when I went to bed. I am not convinced that the battery on the 7 will give users 2 hours of additional use. In fact, I don't think it's as good as my 6s or SE. I will need to give it another week or so to see all use cases, but I'm on the fence right now.

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Wondering if anyone is considering using a battery case and if so pros and cons besides the obvious added bulk. Some better than others? Don't have a 7 yet, kinda waiting for the Verizon connection issues to be resolved first, but thinking my usage will maybe not get thru a day. Seems some make it fine and others don't.

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I take back my comments somewhat. Last night, I was at 8% when I went to bed. I am not convinced that the battery on the 7 will give users 2 hours of additional use. In fact, I don't think it's as good as my 6s or SE. I will need to give it another week or so to see all use cases, but I'm on the fence right now.

My 7 does get approximately 2 hours more use per day. The first couple days I had the phone the battery wasn't that great, but now it's much better than my 6s. Probably uploading photos, faces, etc the first couple days.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My 7 does get approximately 2 hours more use per day. The first couple days I had the phone the battery wasn't that great, but now it's much better than my 6s. Probably uploading photos, faces, etc the first couple days.

That's good. Mine is a bit better now.

zwuncki

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I have the 7 for exactly 1 day now, took it off 24h ago. And for now I'm totally happy with battery life. I was traveling today by train and the reception was bad to medium. Then again I used it which I would describe as medium usage. Chatting, surfing, listening to music via BT for 1h etc. And I still have 45%. Not as good as the 6S Plus battery life but it's not that far from it and I expected much less after reading several first impressions.

What I need to mention is that I turn off almost everything I don't need, and turn it on when I need it. Almost no WiFi but mobile connection the whole day. BT only for one hour when listening to music. No GPS. Only maybe 4 push notifications including iCloud. Background settings disabled! So I guess that's one reason for my good battery life compared to others. And I installed 10.0.2 at the beginning, doing a hardreset after the update, just to be sure!

I would say battery life is between the iPhone SE I own and the 6S Plus! :)

anon(9343851)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Really loving the battery life, having moved from a 6s to a 7+. I don’t use my phone heavily but do use GPS and music while driving throughout the day and while working out. I can finish the day with half a charge left. Even day-long hikes with GPS, taking hundreds of photos, leave me with battery to spare. Couldn’t be happier in that department. In the past I’d have to stop halfway to charge with a backup battery.

BR34KF4ST

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Another thing I found that drained my battery is Snapchat, according to my battery stats, it used 42% of my battery and that it shows '34 mins on screen--45 mins background'. My Low power mode is enabled but it's still draining my battery pretty quickly

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh