Keyboard issues

jc0187

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I got myself and my wife an upgrade from the 6s to the 7 and we are both experiencing keyboard issues while typing on Safari and Chrome. Here's an example:

When I am typing a sentence and hit the 123 section in order to place a comma then hit space bar, I am no longer taken back to the abc keyboard but still stay in the 123 keyboard. I then have to manually click on abc to go back. This ruins the flow of typing. Also, if I am zoomed into the section where I am typing, the screen fails to fallow the cursor, requiring me to manually scroll over in order to view what I am typing. The same thing happens when I am erasing sentences and it goes beyond the zoomed in section. It's just making it a chore to type in forums and whatnot. I actually went back to my iPhone 6s because having to deal with these little issues is becoming a chore while typing.

eyesopen1111

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I got myself and my wife an upgrade from the 6s to the 7 and we are both experiencing keyboard issues while typing on Safari and Chrome. Here's an example:

When I am typing a sentence and hit the 123 section in order to place a comma then hit space bar, I am no longer taken back to the abc keyboard but still stay in the 123 keyboard. I then have to manually click on abc to go back. This ruins the flow of typing. Also, if I am zoomed into the section where I am typing, the screen fails to fallow the cursor, requiring me to manually scroll over in order to view what I am typing. The same thing happens when I am erasing sentences and it goes beyond the zoomed in section. It's just making it a chore to type in forums and whatnot. I actually went back to my iPhone 6s because having to deal with these little issues is becoming a chore while typing.

Good news, the issue that you are having with the commas and the 123 button is easily solved. The solution is to tap and hold the 123 button as you slide from the 123 button to the comma or whatever other punctuation mark you?re wanting to insert. When you get to the mark you want to insert, just lift your finger from the screen--the mark will be inserted and the keyboard will go back to letters as normal. Your typing flow is restored!

(The native keyboard only stays on the punctuation page when you tap the 123 button and let go, and then tap the punctuation you want to insert.) If you want a more flowing typing experience, try some third party keyboards, too. There are several good ones nowadays like Wordflow, Nintype (advanced), Swype, etc.

I haven?t seen the other issue that you describe, but maybe that's because I have a larger screen iPhone 7+, so I can type and see more screen at the same time because there is simply more screen real estate available. On a smaller scene device, you?ll have to zoom and scroll more. At any rate, I?d think the upgrade in device is more than worth these minor points, but maybe the 7+ is the phone for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro