iPhone 7 charging slow

StlVols

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
My IPhone 7 seems to be charging a bit slow. It took about 40 minutes for the phone to get from 46% to 70%. It also took like 15 to get from 97 to 98%. This was my first time charging the device. Is this normal?

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My IPhone 7 seems to be charging a bit slow. It took about 40 minutes for the phone to get from 46% to 70%. It also took like 15 to get from 97 to 98%. This was my first time charging the device. Is this normal?

iPhones charge slow anyway, just put your phone into airplane mode or low power mode to charge it faster

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
For new phones, best to put it on charge overnight. It takes a few days to cycle to your way of using the device.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site

No issues here so far

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

iPhones charge slow anyway, just put your phone into airplane mode or low power mode to charge it faster

Also, if you have one available, try using an iPad charger (it's USB power adapter) to shorten the charging time.

stefanbechen

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Actually I think the iPhone charges at a good speed. Clearly not on par with QC 2 or QC 3 but fast enough to avoid running out of juice on a busy day.

The 7 seems to charge even a bit faster than the 6S that my wife is using.

StlVols

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
So do you guys think the slow charging was just because that was the first time and it will speed up as the device settles?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
So have any of you had charging speeds similar to mine?

I actually feel like mine charges slower than my 6s and SE, but I'm not sure it's not just in my head bc I'm so excited to play with it again. I'll keep an eye out and see over the next handful of days.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm used to charging with a block meant for tablets and a thicker cable. For whatever reason I grabbed the Apple block and cable from the box to charge this evening and it's significantly slower in comparison. I haven't used the Apple chargers in years, now I remember why.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
The new iPhones have a bigger battery also so that could increase the time. I say just go pick up a 12w iPad charger if you don't have one and that will speed it up or use the regular one over night when speed don't matter.

NekoMichi

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
What charging port have you been using? Standard USB 2.0 ports on PCs may not be supplying enough current, which will result in long charge times. Some PCs are equipped with high current USB ports, these can recharge USB devices faster and are denoted by an electricity icon next to the port:

Screen Shot 2016-09-18 at 22.55.56.png

Using the dedicated iPhone wall charger or even jumping to an iPad charger may help.

If you are still experiencing slow charges when using a dedicated charger, something may be causing your iPhone to use electricity at a higher rate than usual. Often for new phones this could be the phone indexing all of your apps, media content, and synching via iCloud. This can affect your charging for up to a week after purchase, and will level off afterwards. (This was the case when I first used the iPhone 6, it would charge really slowly or sometimes even go down while plugged into a PC) [source - Reddit]

When your battery percentage approaches 100%, the charge rate will become slower. This is normal and a result of the battery technology used in the iPhone. [source - Quora]

StlVols

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Update: My phone is charging much faster now. The outlet I was using had a cover that makes it difficult to plug things in all the way. I used a different one and also performed a hard reset, not sure what it was but it's fixed

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW