Lightning earbuds on iPhone 6s and older?

pttptppt

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
So I was curious, would the lightning earbuds found on the iPhone 7 work on the iPhone 6s if I just plug it in?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about picking up a pair and trying them... but may just wait for a new phone. Not sure I need to spend the $ when I have 2 pair of the 3.5mm earpods.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It works. I tried the normal and the lightning earbuds and noticed the lightning earbuds volume was harder than the normal with the jack.

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about picking up a pair and trying them... but may just wait for a new phone. Not sure I need to spend the $ when I have 2 pair of the 3.5mm earpods.

Save your money. I did a test on my iPad where I listened to he same thing using the lightening EarPods, the 3.5 mm EarPods using the lightening adapter, and the 3.5 mm EarPods in the headphone jack and they all sound exactly the same. No difference at all.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Save your money. I did a test on my iPad where I listened to he same thing using the lightening EarPods, the 3.5 mm EarPods using the lightening adapter, and the 3.5 mm EarPods in the headphone jack and they all sound exactly the same. No difference at all.

Cool, thanks :)