7 Plus later or instant gratification of 7 now?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
In previous iPhone generations it was all about the screen (with a little bit of battery mixed in) so the choice was an easy one if you could deal with the smaller display. This year it's ALL about the camera and the 7 Plus is a huge leap forward compared to the 7. To me it's worth waiting around for.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I downsized from a 6s Plus to a 7.

So much easier dealing with a smaller phone, and I'll just put up with not having optical zoom till next year or the year after.

Don't regret the 6s Plus tho. I loved the battery life.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Last year I tried a 6S while waiting for my 6S Plus...and got rid of it 4 days later.

It felt like a downgrade from the Plus in every way possible.

I'd wait.

cseggleton

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm thinking about downgrading in size as well. My local ATT store has stock of the black 7 256GB and I'm on the verge of canceling my plus preorder to grab the 7 tomorrow morning... I'm just worried I may regret it.

I just did the same thing. Tired of seeing my 7+ in processing order mode even though I ordered on the 9th..i'll hold out for the 8+

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I went ahead and ordered a 7 plus for one of my other lines. It has a November ship date. That gives me time to truly see if I'm happy with the 7. If I decide to go large again, I can and one of the kids gets the 7 I have now. If I decide to stay in the 7, cancel the plus and no harm done.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I ordered a 7 128gb Black from my Telco, only $8 a month more than i am paying now and was already locked in for 2 years anyway, i have a 6S plus that is only 3 weeks old i picked up cheap and sold the 6S i had, the plus is great until you have to move around with it, my wife will get it and will sell her 6 plus for $600 so will come out $400 in front, if i really hate can sell the 7 and get a plus outright when available, but i doubt it i am over phablets and have a iPad for home anyway. Also the better camera doesn't concern me as i have a Nikon SLR to zoom with :)
In the last 6 months i have had 6S plus>SE>6S plus>6S>6S plus, all bought and sold at a profit, i liked the 6S best.

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I think the battery life won't be even close to the plus version. There is over 1000Mah difference between these two.
I'll be waiting for plus as I had once the 6 and hoped I would have waited for the 6+. Not saying I'm not tempted for the quicker solution to just walk to the store and get the new iphone 7 today.

COMMISSIONERHBK9

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
for those worrying about the battery life just get the smart battery case. i love it i love how the case use its power first then it take from the phone afterwards once the case dies out. that is so smart.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I ended up swapping out the iPhone 7 and went back to the plus. The improved battery of the 7 made it a more difficult decision than last year, but being used to the extra screen really was what swayed me. The size is not an issue for me, but I can see where it could be a deal breaker for some.
Can't go wrong with either one, just have to figure out which one is best for you and run with it and never look back.... until next year. ��

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I think I have buyers remorse with the 7. I needed a phone while overseas and my 6s+ just didn't seem to be able to roam.

I got a 7 three days after it went on sale and I figured I had the + and 6s + and most times it felt just oversized.

I managed almost 8 hrs with minor phone calls and heavy messaging (FB Msg, WhatsApp) and some gaming.

Now I think I'll go back to my 6s+ for now as the battery life felt better - I'll probably due a similar "test" like today's usage and try to make up my mind properly.

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
This is how its for me, got the 6+ and then the 6s+, but towards May of this year I started getting tired of the plus size of the phone. So I sold that and got myself the 6s 128GB. And I was very happy with the shift in size, totally loved the one handed use, portability but wasn't happy with the battery life although it wasn't much of a deal breaker since I had chargers everywhere (work, car, home,etc).

Then came the 7 and i was torn between the 2 sizes again as the 7+ had a better camera, etc. So preordered the 7+ Black 256 GB, got the delivery and here I am thinking of going back to the smaller size after using the plus for over a week. I don't know but its just the ease of use, smaller footprint, etc is what is pulling me towards it.

I'm kinda glad that I'm not the only one in this. ��

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Well, the good thing is that the 7 and 7 plus are both great phones, so there really isn't a bad choice to be made. I could have stayed with the 7 and been ok with it but the plus size is my preferred device.

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I had predominantly larger android phones while still using smaller iPhones back in the day. I recently had a 6 and lost it due to water damage three times, yes I know I work by the water so this is something that is hard to avoid. Bought the iPhone SE after running out of my insurance claims and absolutely loved the smaller screen.. for like 1 month. Couldnt wait to get back on a larger due to its shear comfort of having a larger longer lasting battery and the screen size in which I wouldn't need to put my nose up to read what's going on screen. My friends and family have a little experience with the plus model iPhones and after using theirs for a day I absolutely fell in love with the shear content displayed on screen was awesome. I think the 4.7 screened iPhones are great for people who want something small but the 5.5 inch screen on the plus models are honestly the way to go.
There's a reason most android phone screens are above 5 inches and that's because they are used to view content! So if you're not that person to view content or do some kind of productive work on your phone then the regular 4.7 screen or even the 4 inchers like the iPhone SE is great!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73