Opinions on the stereo speakers on the iPhone 7? I played a YouTube music video and I got best by a s6 and s3 by Samsung regarding volume levels ugh
    09-16-2016 05:04 PM
    Opinions on the stereo speakers on the iPhone 7? I played a YouTube music video and I got best by a s6 and s3 by Samsung regarding volume levels ugh
    I think it's notably better then the single speaker on previous iPhones. It's not knock your socks off loud but it's more full if that makes sense
    09-16-2016 07:47 PM
    I know it is supposed to be stereo speakers but it doesn't sound like it to me. It is definitely much louder. One downside is that the iPhone vibrates. If you are listening to music over the speaker and using your phone, you feel constant vibrations under the screen.
    09-16-2016 09:02 PM
    The top speaker seems noticeably weaker. It's a bit better than mono but not a dramatic difference.
    sj-performance likes this.
    09-16-2016 09:06 PM
    The top speaker seems noticeably weaker. It's a bit better than mono but not a dramatic difference.
    I kind of figured it would be that way. Is it actually stereo sound, or mono out of 2 speakers? Can you tell?
    09-16-2016 09:12 PM
    I couldn't notice a difference in volume level between the 7 and 6s plus. My 6s+ sounds a little "fuller". I'm curios if a 7+ sounds any better.
    09-16-2016 09:15 PM
    I kind of figured it would be that way. Is it actually stereo sound, or mono out of 2 speakers? Can you tell?
    Stereo. Pulled up some Beatles. Pretty clearly separate channels. You can hear the change when you flip to landscape.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    09-16-2016 09:45 PM
    Stereo and it appears to be recording video in stereo too. I was recording video and my dog walked around my feet. His tags jingle loudly. When I play that video back and he's nowhere around you'd swear he's walking in (from the left) and then to the right. Never noticed that on other devices. (iPhones) I will have to play with this more and listen with IEMs. Binaural recordings of live music are spectacular when listened on headphones and if this is the case people are going to be in for a surprise with their recordings.

Other phones have recorded in stereo for years but most use really bad processing or codecs which make the sound bloody awful and thus a dedicated device is always needed for the task of audio capture. The iPhone has recorded audio pretty well over the past few generations, albeit mono.
    09-17-2016 07:39 AM
    If you aren't hearing obvious stereo pull up some 60s music. These recordings are more sparse and used the stereo spectrum to separate instruments rather than a stereo experience.

Also, place your finger over the holes on one to isolate what is coming out of the other. For example on Beatles tunes, the rhythm guitar will be in the left channel only on many songs.

Rotate the phone and hear the change. I believe true stereo is only in landscape. In portrait, both are on but I think it's more mono as some of the right channel (or maybe all) is on the bottom.

Interesting that landscape upside down isn't stereo. Apple thinks I'm "holding it wrong" again. Not the end of the world but the need to be more flexible in things like this. IMHO.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    09-17-2016 01:01 PM
    The vibration is very annoying. You can feel it both in front and back of the phone.
    09-20-2016 12:05 AM
    I haven't "noticed" stereo separation yet -- I think later today I'll play something that highlights stereo left-right like Rush YYZ or something -- but this iPhone is definitely louder which I appreciate. And yes mine vibrates as well
    09-20-2016 08:13 AM
    The 6s is not louder than the 7. I had the 6s and my 7 is. Noticeably louder.
    xlovepink88x likes this.
    09-21-2016 10:28 AM
    I excepted a more Richer sound from my GFs 7+ but it is a bit louder

Funny thou I find my SE notifications sound stronger than the 7+
    09-21-2016 12:17 PM
    The stereo speakers on the 7 are the real deal. The first thing I did was play some recordings from the 60s and wow it really is stereo! I also noticed if I change phone orientation the speakers will flip to keep L/R orientation intact no matter which way the phone is (horizontally). They get down pretty low in range too, actually very impressive for such tiny speakers, this is why the phone vibrates so much I'd imagine. Those little drivers are working very hard.
    Truman82 likes this.
    09-21-2016 09:55 PM
    OK...after I've said in post after post around here, preaching that I'm keeping my 6s and not upgrading, I just found a reason why I might indeed upgrade. The stereo speakers. Wow! I just listened to the same song playing on one friends iPhone 6 Plus, and the same some played on the 7 Plus...and the difference in volume and clarity blew me away. I am very impressed. It reminds me of the difference between the volume of my iPad Air 2 and my iPad Pro with the 4-speaker sound. Night and day difference.

This has made my decision harder. I can say that after the comparison today, I am leaning toward getting a new iPhone 7...
    Tartarus and H_D like this.
    09-22-2016 04:01 PM
    09-22-2016 09:46 PM
    Thanks for this. I actually waited till the demo ended before I closed it
    09-22-2016 09:51 PM
    Thanks, Dude!
    Squeeze Play likes this.
    09-24-2016 07:29 AM
    My car doesn’t have Bluetooth or even an AUX port, so I’m really happy with these improved speakers. Even with the AC blasting on the highway, I can hear the speakers loud and clear. I haven’t bothered docking my iPhone while I take a shower either. This battery life means I don’t even have to charge every chance I get anymore.
    09-25-2016 09:54 PM
    Thanks, Dude!
    No problem. Sometimes I am helpful, just not on eiC.
    09-25-2016 10:51 PM
    Def a great upgrade
    09-26-2016 12:49 AM
    Yea I agree that the speakers here are real deal. Like em very much.
    09-26-2016 11:41 AM
    This (stereo speakers) is the only thing that has the ability to push me over the upgrade threshold.
    09-26-2016 02:40 PM