Question about Changing UPS from Delivery to Pick Up at UPS

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Question, for those who have done it in the past. Because I live where everything is the next town over. Where UPS could be here at 10am or 8pm, I am worried about missing delivery / signature. Plus I have a big event on Saturday that requires me to go to Costco (a town over) and do a lot of food shopping and they close at 6pm. The UPS office is right by Costco. I looked at "MY UPS" and I can switch (once I get tracking) from delivery to pick up at this UPS location.

Question is...

#1 - Does this work out well?
#2 - Would UPS have it when they opened, since trucks would have already been loaded / gone from the docks there?
#3 - There is no #3, but with just 2, it seemed lame to number them.

Anyone do this last year with the 6S etc? Never done this before (obviously) but it will solve my issue about waiting for UPS and being able to actually work that day and get the stuff done.

Thanks in advance, you're a great group here at iMore.

jMunar

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
1. No experience with an iPhone delivery but have experienced it with my iWatch last year and my iMac a few years back and it both worked out well. I had them hold it at the main UPS hub in my area and I picked it up right when they opened to the public.

2. It should be ready for you to pick up when they open if that is the main hub where the packages are dispersed. If not you will still have to wait for it to get delivered to that location.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
1. No experience with an iPhone delivery but have experienced it with my iWatch last year and my iMac a few years back and it both worked out well. I had them hold it at the main UPS hub in my area and I picked it up right when they opened to the public.

2. It should be ready for you to pick up when they open if that is the main hub where the packages are dispersed. If not you will still have to wait for it to get delivered to that location.

Thanks, it's the main hub (I believe).. there is nothing else for maybe 100 miles. I can't imagine them loading out of a city that far.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I always work Fridays until 6pm so last year I called the UPS hub in my area and asked them to hold the package, I just gave them the track number , this was the same day, I went there at 6:45pm and picked it up...
This year Fedex is delivering my iPhone 7, I think I'lll just leave a note on my door asking to hold the package at the hub for later pick up

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My UPS Hub is only open from 1pm - 5pm. So at this point I am better off with having the delivery. The reason I wanted it is that I wanted to do a Costco Run tomorrow for our Business BBQ on Saturday.. We're in such remote location that I am afraid they will screw it up.. and I will have to wait until next week to get it.

mouh60

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I do this all the time. I live in Chicago and always hear about package thieves so, I always have them hold the package and I pick up at my convenience. It also deters the drivers from doing unsavory things like keeping the phone and marking it as delivered. Yes, that happened.
I think you have to register for the UPS MyChoice. It's free.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I do this all the time. I live in Chicago and always hear about package thieves so, I always have them hold the package and I pick up at my convenience. It also deters the drivers from doing unsavory things like keeping the phone and marking it as delivered. Yes, that happened.
I think you have to register for the UPS MyChoice. It's free.

I have been in MY UPS for a bit now, registered this week. Won't let me change to pick up for the iPhone. The option is there, but there is always an error saying it can't be changed to pick up and to contact UPS. I stopped at UPS yesterday, she said to try once the package was more local / Seattle / Union Gap / I tried and still it failed. She said she thinks there is a block on this from the shipper. Not sure why. The pay $8 for a 2-hour window is blocked too. I will just have to sit and wait today for delivery. Last night UPS came around 6pm, but I did not want to sit at work until 6, when I am off at 3. But have no choice now.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I pretty much pick up every high dollar package from the UPS Store. It gave me the option with this one as well. However, this is the only time it hasn't been available by 9am. Just hoping it shows up by 2:30 since I did the one by my job instead of by my house.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner