Apple Leather Case or Silicon Case?

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I just got the black leather for matte black 7. This one is much nicer than the previous apple leather cases. So far I like it a lot (and I don't like cases much).

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Hi folks, thinking of getting an Apple leather case for my matte black iPhone 7.

Should I go with black or maybe saddle brown?

Thanks!
While the black is classic, the brown is, in my opinion, nicer because of the contrast. Be advised: it will wear over the time faster than the black, as far as the color is concerned. Not everyone like the aged color of th brown leather

I don't like silicon cases because they are hard to remove from pockets. The leather cases scratch really easy. That's why I prefer TPU cases.
Hard to remove from pockets ? Never experienced that ! I'm using a silicone case since iPhone 6

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
While the black is classic, the brown is, in my opinion, nicer because of the contrast. Be advised: it will wear over the time faster than the black, as far as the color is concerned. Not everyone like the aged color of th brown leather

Hard to remove from pockets ? Never experienced that ! I'm using a silicone case since iPhone 6

I can see the hard to remove from pocket if they are wearing skinny jeans.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the advice. May have to go the the Apple store to check them out in person.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I can see the hard to remove from pocket if they are wearing skinny jeans.
I do have some skinny (well, at least a little bit) jeans and still I didn't experience that. Actually with skinny jeans I like the grip the Apple silicone case is giving.

Thanks for the advice. May have to go the the Apple store to check them out in person.
That's for sure, but in the Apple Store you'll find only brand new cases. After a while the leather case slightly change its color, especially along the edges. That's completely normal, but someone don't like it.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I do have some skinny (well, at least a little bit) jeans and still I didn't experience that. Actually with skinny jeans I like the grip the Apple silicone case is giving.

That's for sure, but in the Apple Store you'll find only brand new cases. After a while the leather case slightly change its color, especially along the edges. That's completely normal, but someone don't like it.

Right on. I am still on the fence about this case due to the price. I can get a bunch of cheaper cases for 45 bucks lol.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Right on. I am still on the fence about this case due to the price. I can get a bunch of cheaper cases for 45 bucks lol.

I can also get cheaper car insurance from a company in the Bahamas, but I am not sure they will really protect my car when I really need it.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I can also get cheaper car insurance from a company in the Bahamas, but I am not sure they will really protect my car when I really need it.

True but I've seen some drop tests with the Apple case. Let's just say they did not turn out so great lol.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
True but I've seen some drop tests with the Apple case. Let's just say they did not turn out so great lol.

Depends on the drop, there are too many variables to how it lands. If I drop it out of my pocket and it lands on the case or edge I should be good. If I drop it off the roof and it lands in the same spot.. not so good. But for normal drops, the case and a tempered glass screen protector is fine. If I was a construction worker on working on steal beams above the metropolis, my case choice would be different.