Is Apple care worth buying .

vizagdude

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I got Apple care once for both my 5s phones. Never used them. I sold those phones when the new ones came out. From them in, I did not get the Apple care. I buy a case and invisible glass (worth about $55) and that's about it.

Last edited:

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I got Apple care once for both my 5s phones. Never used them. I sold those phones when the new ones came out. From them in, I did not get the Apple care. I buy a car and invisible glass (worth about $55) and that's about it.

You buy a car?

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Well in bought AppleCare for the first time on my 7 plus. Then I remembered I have never broken a screen. Yet anyway and so for me it is most likely a waste. And if I do break the screen it's cheaper to just replace the screen at Apple. Now if I break two screens or break the entire device then I loose money. So I guess I'm just playing the odds.

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely! It's a life saver especially if you plan on keeping your device long term. If you are upgrading every year, then you might as well as do the Apple upgrade program if you can. You all pay for the insurance coverage equivalent for each device of a year as you keep upgrading.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I've have great experiences working with my local store without Apple Care so when I got it earlier this year with a previous iPhone I bought 2nd hand, those experiences were enhanced. I don't think I could go back to not having apple care now.

I'm not one of the ones brace enough to go caseless just because I have apple care though lol

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've have great experiences working with my local store without Apple Care so when I got it earlier this year with a previous iPhone I bought 2nd hand, those experiences were enhanced. I don't think I could go back to not having apple care now.

I'm not one of the ones brace enough to go caseless just because I have apple care though lol

Walking in with a damaged device and walking out with a brand new one is pretty nice.... I've done it twice now. The one above, and one when my wife left her 5 on top of the car while getting the kids in. We found it after it had been run over on the road.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Walking in with a damaged device and walking out with a brand new one is pretty nice.... I've done it twice now. The one above, and one when my wife left her 5 on top of the car while getting the kids in. We found it after it had been run over on the road.

This is exactly why I don't buy Apple Care. I am not prepared to subsidise people who are so careless with their phones.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Is that Apple Care though? Unless bundled with the iPhone upgrade program, it's a flat fee (not monthly)

Best Buy does actually offer AppleCare in a monthly installment plan.

The issue here is that it doesn't stop at $129. You continue paying into it. Unless this has changed recently, this is the reason I decided against it. After 24 months you've paid an extra $70 or so.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The issue here is that it doesn't stop at $129. You continue paying into it. Unless this has changed recently, this is the reason I decided against it. After 24 months you've paid an extra $70 or so.

Interesting! I've never considered buying AppleCare through Best Buy and now it doesn't look like I will in the future either.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Interesting! I've never considered buying AppleCare through Best Buy and now it doesn't look like I will in the future either.

Same here. This is how it was explained to me by the Bestbuy rep when I was purchasing an SE for my son. After some thought, I determined that definitely wasn't the best option.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Not personally. My  silicone case and tempered glass protector cost me half that and perfectly do the job.

But for some (careless) persons, it's definitely worth it.
I have a mobile phone shop and trust me, I've seen my share of shattered screens.

I personally don't think one needs to be careless for it to make sense. Accidents happen. That's why they are called accidents. I get Apple care for my phones. . I have an Apple Store 15 minutes from my house and like to know that if something happens I'm covered. It comes in and out of my pocket like a 100 times a day. You never know.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I had a case on my phone. My toddler got to my phone and threw it on the tile floor. The corner dented and screen shattered. I went into the Apple Store an hour later without and appointment and they got me in anyways. So 90 minutes after breaking my phone, I had a replacement phone in hand. I swear by Apple Care +.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
And that's exactly why I've put 'careless' between brackets. Because, yes, accidents happen BUT some people are also plain careless.

True. I try not to think about the money I've wasted on insurance plans and AppleCare+ for my devices. I've never *knock on wood* broken or lost a phone. But I've consistently purchased AppleCare+ on every Apple device I've owned and purchased insurance plans on all my smartphones prior to that. Better safe than sorry, IMO.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh