Is Apple care worth buying .

nehavas

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
I am planning to buy iPhone 7 ,I have iPads but have never got an insurance .
My previous Iphone 5 was a gift,so unsure whether to spend that money .I am very careful with my stuff but would like your opinions .
Tnx

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I didn't get  care on my 6s plus but I should have, I will be getting it on my iPhone 7 plus fore sure. Yes  care is worth it .

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I got Apple Care way back when... then oddly I switched to Square Trade... totally forgot about them, wonder if they're still around. I have not used anything since maybe the iPhone 5s warranty ran out. Sometimes easier to put a rider on your home policy with a $100 deductible if lost or stolen. From what I saved in not buying Apple Care last few years, if I do damage a phone, fixing it will be a break even at this point.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
To me, it's worth it if you buy outright and plan to keep your phone for longer than a year.

Outright part aside, I stand by what else I said.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely! My phone went for a swim a few weeks ago and it was $99 for a replacement versus the cost of a new phone.

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I've never purchased Apple Care + on any of my previous iPhones, can't see myself changing that any time soon. To me, it's never been worth the extra investment, but that simply reflects my own personal feeling, and not an overall "value" of the service itself. To many, it is well worth it.

DevinNJ

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
There's no right answer to questions like this. It's a gamble, if you need it it's great to have, but you also may never need to use it. So it's really something only you can answer. In the past it's helped me having it so I buy it on my phones. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
If I remember right, you have a small window "after" getting your phone to add Apple Care. Unless that changed.

Jason Cockerham

Community Reviews Team Leader
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am planning to buy iPhone 7 ,I have iPads but have never got an insurance .
My previous Iphone 5 was a gift,so unsure whether to spend that money .I am very careful with my stuff but would like your opinions .
Tnx

Yes AppleCare is absolutely worth the purchase. It should be $129 and that is good for two years. The peace of mind of knowing that if anything happens to my phone without it being lost or stolen and I can get a new phone for $80 is totally worth it.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone 6 Plus was the victim of the screen response problem that is gaining attention in the news recently. I went to an Apple repair booth and they replaced it for me with no charge. All because I pay for the Apple Care+. My wife busted her phone up pretty bad dropping it and was asked to pay over $300 to replace it, to which she declined of course. I will be making sure she puts + on when she upgrades next month.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have never gotten it and I've never needed it. I upgrade every year and the one year apple care has been enough for my needs. That said, peace of mind is great to have when you have an expensive device. I may eat my words but so far so good.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Before AppleCare+
IMG_1473681235.973103.jpg

After AppleCare+
IMG_1473681276.977366.jpg

Been lucky with the 6 and 6s but do have one 6 going Saturday for a shattered screen and slightly bent frame.

nikkimd11

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I have never purchased it for my phone (yes for my Mac) I try and take very good care of my phone but accidents can happen, I have never had an issue with any of my phones thus far (always have a case), but my brother for example jumped into water at the beach to later discover he has his phone in his pocket and he didn't have apple care, it really is a gamble like others have mentioned, I guess my advice would be that if you like going caseless definitely get apple care

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox