From 6s to 7...why? Why not?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi Craig,
I hope you are wrong about the wait. BTW, I read that the new Jet Black iPhone is susceptible to light scratches which led me to chose the black iPhone.
Per Apple's website:
The high-gloss finish of the jet black iPhone 7 is achieved through a precision nine-step anodization and polishing process. Its surface is equally as hard as other anodized Apple products; however, its high shine may show fine micro-abrasions with use. If you are concerned about this, we suggest you use one of the many cases available to protect your iPhone.

Yes, thanks.. numerous posts about the finger prints and scratches re: Jet Black, it's why I ordered the Matte Black instead. Was not related to my initial reply. I only said that black was the first to go, and may not be available in stores for your trade in right away. It may be a wait. Some are showing back orders into November for online. However we all know store quantities are different. But if the black in store is as popular as online, they will sell out on day 1, at least in 32GB and 128GB. May have a shot for 256GB for Matte Finish. However Jet Black does not come in 32GB option.

nikkimd11

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I would love to get the iPhone 7, it'd be nice to have the latest tech and specs at my hands, nevertheless my iPhone 6s is like new and I've only had it for a year, and thinking realistically I don't need to update and I should wait till next year, and thus I'm gonna stick to my iPhone 6s

w00cash1020

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm not switching to a 7. Just no features that would make me wanna do it. Also I got my 6 s in December so I think it's gonna last me for a while still.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Look maybe it's my opinion, and maybe I'm wrong, but to say the 6s and 7 or 6s Plus and 7 Plus are too similar is to change is wrong. I get it, with 6s and 6s Plus all "Needs" are met easily with a great barely year old device.

But realistically the devices are completely different in so many ways. Question is whether those differences are enough to make the switch. With the Home Button changes its clear iOS 10 is optimized for the 7 series. It's faster in all aspects, better camera. The software IS better.

But if you're just hardware guy or gal which is cool, than yeah...the 6s or 6s Plus are both still great devices and will continue to be.

But again, the 7 series is an upgrade in so many ways, just not as aesthetically upgraded as some fans would like. In some instances no feature in the world be good enough to get a person pay to switch to a phone that looks so similar.

After using the 6s on iOS 10.0.1 last few days it's becoming obvious something's missing and I can't wait to see how the new 3D Touch Home Button is incorporated.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
For me. The camera, quad processor, stereo speakers, camera and water proofing. But mainly i am excited about the new home button. I didn't like the sound of the clicking. So I like how it's a force touch home button.

alc1575

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
I haven't even had my 6s for a year yet--I'm very happy with it, so I see no reason to buy the 7. If the 2017 release has features I feel I can't live without I will upgrade then.

w00cash1020

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Look maybe it's my opinion, and maybe I'm wrong, but to say the 6s and 7 or 6s Plus and 7 Plus are too similar is to change is wrong. I get it, with 6s and 6s Plus all "Needs" are met easily with a great barely year old device.

But realistically the devices are completely different in so many ways. Question is whether those differences are enough to make the switch. With the Home Button changes its clear iOS 10 is optimized for the 7 series. It's faster in all aspects, better camera. The software IS better.

But if you're just hardware guy or gal which is cool, than yeah...the 6s or 6s Plus are both still great devices and will continue to be.

But again, the 7 series is an upgrade in so many ways, just not as aesthetically upgraded as some fans would like. In some instances no feature in the world be good enough to get a person pay to switch to a phone that looks so similar.

After using the 6s on iOS 10.0.1 last few days it's becoming obvious something's missing and I can't wait to see how the new 3D Touch Home Button is incorporated.

Better software?

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Better software?

Perhaps I could have elaborated, software is same as in iOS10 but the integration and full functionality will only be available on 7 and 7 Plus. And that's okay. I love my 6s running 10.0.1 right now.

But I know that the OS will offer more with the 3D Touch Home Button. For those who don't care about that stuff it's like I said, the 6s and 6s Plus are GREAT as are the 6 and 6 Plus.

But if you want the full experience of iOS 10, grab a new 7 or 7 Plus.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
How's this " high color gamut " screen standing up to these Samsung 2k displays or just a gimmick?

The Note 7 is HDR. It simply is the best display in a smartphone, period. I wish I didn't have to return mine. It makes most LCDs pale in comparison. I don't have an iphone 7+ (yet) but I do have an ipad pro and the (Samsung) panel renders color and contrast better.

The iphone 8 should have a very similar panel next year.

ReVu30

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm sticking with my 6S Plus. I love the improvements and new features that come with S models. I believe Apple held back some stuff this time around in preparation for the 7S, which is also year 10.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm sticking with my 6S Plus. I love the improvements and new features that come with S models. I believe Apple held back some stuff this time around in preparation for the 7S, which is also year 10.

I just posted in another group.. the analysts are already saying no 7s only 8 next year. But it's so very early and who knows. Just another rumor at best.
Apple will drop its incremental “s” iPhone release next year in favor of jumping straight to the iPhone 8, claims Barclays analyst Mark Moskowitz.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Not for me. My 6s Plus still perfectly does the job.
I upgraded from the 6 Plus to the 6s Plus because of the increase in RAM, which made a huge difference, and because of Rose Gold . I'm happy with the pictures it takes, battery life (I'm a heavy user) and 64GB is the right amount of storage. 128GB would feel like wasted space.

I'm not someone who upgrades only to have the latest, but because I need to (so, to me, latest =/= greatest).

Lol I said the same thing (and I only buy white iPhones)...and then I saw the jet black.

My resolve to not upgrade went bye bye. Heh.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Lol I said the same thing (and I only buy white iPhones)...and then I saw the jet black.

My resolve to not upgrade went bye bye. Heh.

I've owned all white bezel phones since my iPhone 4 but I fell in love with the jet black as soon as I saw it during the keynote. I couldn't wait to get finger prints and scratches all over it. Unfortunately, an internet issue (Thanks Comcast!) caused a slight delay for me when the preorder went live and I ended up with a reservation for yet another silver iPhone. I'm hoping I can convince the Apple Store employee to swap me out on the DL when I get there on Friday morning.

DevinNJ

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Do I need to upgrade? No Of course not. My 6S is still my favorite phone to date. However, I'm on Verizon's payment plan, so might as well be paying on this years iPhone. Besides that black is nice. Just my opinion.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Do I need to upgrade? No Of course not. My 6S is still my favorite phone to date. However, I'm on Verizon's payment plan, so might as well be paying on this years iPhone. Besides that black is nice. Just my opinion.

I'm doing the very same thing...so I'm thinking the very same thing. I'll be making payments on my 6s for another year if I don't upgrade, so ...why not be making the same payments on a new iPhone, even if it's not earth-shatteringly better? :biggrin:

Great minds think alike, Devin!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner