From 6s to 7...why? Why not?

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Honestly I feel like I should get a 7 plus (a free one at that) because for the 11months I've owned this phone it's been in the shop more than anything and it still isn't working properly but I won't. It's not even that great of an upgrade imo. And I just have a funny feeling this will happen to me again so I'm sticking with my phone till the 8.

anon(9408097)

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Really good to hear all of your 'I don't need it and it's not much of an upgrade but I'll still upgrade because I want to' responses.

I know now why they call you what they call you.

Hahaha I'm just kidding. No I'm not. I have an iPhone too btw. But if Android users read this thread they would laugh their brains out. Just saying. No biggie. Don't kill me.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I won't be upgrading simply because I can't afford to. I'll be upgrading next year for the 10th anniversary model. My 6S+ is running just fine for me and I am content with what I have, which is why I will stay off the forums this weekend!

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I think it's not a big upgrade so I will not be doing it.

Depends on who you ask.. if they have a 4s or 5s it's a massive upgrade. If you have a 6 like me, it's a nice upgrade. If you have a 6s, it's not a big upgrade. If you're on an exploding Samsung, it's a safe upgrade. LOL

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I haven't heard a good argument yet, I really enjoy my 6s and the Apple battery case I have it in. I will be waiting for next year to see what Apple has to come up with.
Currently rocking the Samsung S7 edge as my daily driver and my 6s as a backup. The S7 edge is a awesome device camera , size, OS it's a very nice device.

Last edited:

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I keep going back to this. iOS10 is great on my 6s. I'm a huge fan of 3D Touch on my Apple Watch, but think 3D Touch on the MacBook is terrible. So for me I own my 6s outright. I pre-ordered the 7 because the 3D Touch Home Button will make or break it for me. If I like it, the phone will be a keeper and the 6s will find a new home. If I don't like it, the 7 will go back and I'll be happy with the 6s running iOS10. With time to test and return I can't really lose.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I haven't heard a good argument yet, I really enjoy my 6s and the Apple battery case I have it in. I will be waiting for next year to see what Apple has to come up with.

Seldom is there a good argument. The answer is.. do what makes you happy with your choice. Many don't care if you get one or not.. it's one more in the store to increase their chance of getting one.. so it's all good. Whatever floats your boat!

jenmeow78

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm doing the very same thing...so I'm thinking the very same thing. I'll be making payments on my 6s for another year if I don't upgrade, so ...why not be making the same payments on a new iPhone, even if it's not earth-shatteringly better? :biggrin:

Great minds think alike, Devin!

Same reason I am upgrading. And the bill will be a little less :)

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I won't be upgrading simply because I can't afford to. I'll be upgrading next year for the 10th anniversary model. My 6S+ is running just fine for me and I am content with what I have, which is why I will stay off the forums this weekend!

I almost pulled the trigger because I was on the pre order pajama party thread reading everyone anxiously waiting the 12 midnight pre order!! I was 1 click away from buying it.. I love my 6s plus!

ReVu30

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I just posted in another group.. the analysts are already saying no 7s only 8 next year. But it's so very early and who knows. Just another rumor at best.
Apple will drop its incremental ?s? iPhone release next year in favor of jumping straight to the iPhone 8, claims Barclays analyst Mark Moskowitz.

It does make a lot of sense to skip the 7s branding due to 2017 being a major year for the iPhone, but we'll know in due time. Thanks for the info!

Skynet3132

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a 6s and it's been amazing. The only reason I'm going to 7+ is for that camera since I take a LOT of pictures with it in a regular basis

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I've talked myself into and out of upgrading from my great-running 6s a thousand times so far. An upgrade has always been such an easy justification for me...but not this time. I guess because the hardware didn't change much if any for the third year in a row...although I know there are upgrades to the camera, battery life & other things. It's a tough jump for me this year...

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
well, after saying no on the first page of this topic, it appears I may be getting a 7 plus after all. While visiting my mother this morning, who I put on my phone plan a couple of years ago, she informs me that she wants a phone with a bigger screen. So, it looks like I will be trading in her iPhone 6 to take advantage of the current Verizon offer, and giving her my 128gb 6s plus. This has an added bonus of not having to constantly delete things she no longer needs in order to free up space on a 16gb iPhone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2