iPhone 6 cases on iPhone 7

Simeon Herbert

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Will an iPhone 6 case fit the 7 for protection? Well aware it will block the speaker but until I pick up a proper case are the sizes similar enough to protect it?

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
From everything I have read no they will not fit. Always surprises me when someone at the events does not try a put an "old" case on a new iPhone in the demo room -- it's a question that gets asked every iPhone release

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
only the camera cutout

>>> NO! <<<

More than the camera cut out.. other differences from thickness to speakers.

Just "NO"

Spend $5 to $50 to get a case that fits. If you can afford a $649-$849 phone, getting a $3.99 case on Amazon when on sale should not be a game changer.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I also was told by a rep today my iPhone 6 leather case will not fit my new 7, doesn't bother me much because I will just order a leather one for the new 7.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I also was told by a rep today my iPhone 6 leather case will not fit my new 7, doesn't bother me much because I will just order a leather one for the new 7.

Apparently there will be some new colors for silicone and leather Apple Cases for the 7 and 7 Plus only. Example, Charcoal Grey for the 7 but not for the 6s.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
The iPhone 6 cases will fit the iPhone 7. The only problem is the camera. The iPhone 7 has a bigger camera and if you try to put an iPhone 6 case into a iPhone 7 it will cover the camera almost completely.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
>>> NO! <<<

More than the camera cut out.. other differences from thickness to speakers.

Just "NO"

Spend $5 to $50 to get a case that fits. If you can afford a $649-$849 phone, getting a $3.99 case on Amazon when on sale should not be a game changer.

I actually asked this in another thread. Sadly they won't fit- something to take into account- I personally have like 6 apple silicone cases two leather cases a smart battery case a mophie and a speck. So all rolled around $500. So it's not just $5 to $50...

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I actually asked this in another thread. Sadly they won't fit- something to take into account- I personally have like 6 apple silicone cases two leather cases a smart battery case a mophie and a speck. So all rolled around $500. So it's not just $5 to $50...

If you're a case junkie, that's a separate issue. I buy a case I like and use it until either it breaks or I get a new phone. Have had a Speck in my iPhone 6 for about 2-years. I take it off to clean and put back on. One investment $35 over 2-years. I don't do the 8-10 case thing. Different story.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
This is not true, the dimensions of the 7 and 7 plus are identical to the 6s:
iPhone 7 - Technical Specifications - Apple
iPhone 6s - Technical Specifications - Apple

There will also be differences in the cases at the bottom as there is no longer a headphone circular jack but a lightning jack.

Read more than the Apple Spec Sheet. The device itself is slightly slimmer but the camera reaches out as far so that is the tech spec given. An Apple Leather 6s Case will not fit the 7 nor will the 7 fit the 6s. Also, you are not correct about the lighting jack.

The 3.5mm jack is gone and replaced to look identical to the other side of the bottom of the device with speakers on both sides. The lighting jack (singular, one jack) is still in the middle and serves to charge as it has for the past recent iPhones or for Apple EarPods or the extension lighting to 3.5mm that comes with the phones to use prior EarPods with if you prefer.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods