Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
For folks currently with Verizon or thinking of porting-in to Verizon and purchasing the iPhone 7/7+ on the device payment program, there's a pretty good trade-in starting for 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6s iPhone users that are willing to trade-in a good working condition phone.

Trade-in of 6, 6s (all variants) gives you up to $650 trade-in value split into 24 credits (basically offsetting the cost of an iPhone 7 32GB)

Trade-in of 5, 5c, 5s, SE is a $400 trade-in value split into 24 credits (lowering the monthly payments of an iPhone 7 32gb to $10.41).

There's further discussion on the Verizon reddit sub-forums or VZW CS open for pre-orders.

Last edited:

Irennerr

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
can i buy a verizon iPhone without a verizon account or contract ? like buying the iPhone for the raw price. cause its unlocked

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
can i buy a verizon iPhone without a verizon account or contract ? like buying the iPhone for the raw price. cause its unlocked

Not to take advantage of this promotion. The trade-in promotion requires active Verizon service and the monthly credits are for as long as the device payment of the (new) iPhone 7/7+ is active on the line of service.

sx4dude2013

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
For folks currently with Verizon or thinking of porting-in to Verizon and purchasing the iPhone 7/7+ on the device payment program, there's a pretty good trade-in starting for 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6s iPhone users that are willing to trade-in a good working condition phone.

Trade-in of 6, 6s (all variants) gives you up to $650 trade-in value split into 24 credits (basically offsetting the cost of an iPhone 7 32GB)

Trade-in of 5, 5c, 5s, SE is a $400 trade-in value split into 24 credits (lowering the monthly payments of an iPhone 7 32gb to $10.41).

There's further discussion on the Verizon reddit sub-forums or VZW CS open for pre-orders.

Thank you for posting! I just did this with a CS rep.
For my 6s trade in I know the $650 will Be divided up and I will receive credits each month. Will I continue to get the monthly credit if I upgrade next year or if I buy out my iphone 7 in 3 months for example? I hope I don't have to keep my new 7 on the active monthly payment plan to reciece the full $650 credit over the next 24 months.

Thanks!

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for posting! I just did this with a CS rep.
For my 6s trade in I know the $650 will Be divided up and I will receive credits each month. Will I continue to get the monthly credit if I upgrade next year or if I buy out my iphone 7 in 3 months for example? I hope I don't have to keep my new 7 on the active monthly payment plan to reciece the full $650 credit over the next 24 months.

Thanks!

If you trade-up next year (with the 50% buyout option), you'll lose the remaining credits yes. So, you'll only to receive the monthly credits for as long as the device payment for the iPhone 7/7+ is active. If you start the device payment over with let's say, the iphone 8 (7s?) next year, you'll lose the remaining credits. It's literally active for as long as the device payment is active for the 7/7+ only. Hope this helps.

ekneeiphone

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
My wife's EDGE program payments are up. Opted to go with apple upgrade program instead last night. Buy AppleCare anyway . Have a lot of flexibility and not tied into verizon. Just paying monthly line charge. Her 2 plus year old iPhone 6 will just be traded in and then no longer tied to verizon.
I like being a free agent. She can upgrade every year and less complications.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
What happens if you trade in an iPhone on the payment plan? I would assume I don't get the phone free if I still owe $400 for my iPhone 6s

sx4dude2013

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

I just purchased a fully functional Sprint iPhone 5c from Swappa for $89 and plan to trade that in for the $400 credit and then just sell my iPhone 6s. That's fine rite?

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I talked to VZW and here's an example: I have my iPhone 6 and it's paid off. He said I would receive $650 in credits after ordering the $869 iPhone 7 plus. This would then reduce my monthly payment for the device to $9.15. Basically getting the iPhone 7 Plus (128gb) for $219!!! Sounds too good to be true. I emailed him and asked for it in writing.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Got a bunch of Verizon emails this morning and I am on AT&T. We had a Verizon account for my wife about 10 years ago. They are offering it to those coming in from other carriers as well. I just don't want to deal with the switch and porting numbers again. I did it from TMO to AT&T about 8 years ago.. that was enough. But yes, the deal is solid. Could trade in my wife's 5s for $400 credit, get a iPhone 7 32GB for 269 and gave her my iPhone 6. But again, locking into 2-years on Vz.

sx4dude2013

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Got a bunch of Verizon emails this morning and I am on AT&T. We had a Verizon account for my wife about 10 years ago. They are offering it to those coming in from other carriers as well. I just don't want to deal with the switch and porting numbers again. I did it from TMO to AT&T about 8 years ago.. that was enough. But yes, the deal is solid. Could trade in my wife's 5s for $400 credit, get a iPhone 7 32GB for 269 and gave her my iPhone 6. But again, locking into 2-years on Vz.

Yea it's basically and contract without being a contract.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

You should still be able pay it off ($269) and walk away, if you wanted to.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Maybe.. but will have to pay a ETF too.. not sure how much, did not look. I would assume a few to several hundred dollars. They are only doing this to get you on a 2-year contract. They are not doing it to give away iPhone 7's.

sx4dude2013

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Maybe.. but will have to pay a ETF too.. not sure how much, did not look. I would assume a few to several hundred dollars. They are only doing this to get you on a 2-year contract. They are not doing it to give away iPhone 7's.

It is not a contract and does not have an ETF but you do forfit the credit if you pay it off early

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site

*Not really.* the DPP for the new iPhone 7/7+ will still be $650+ depending on the model. You'll effectively see two things that'll show up on the bill: 1) the $27.08 monthly payments for, let's say, the iPhone 7 32gb model; and 2) the $27.00 credit for the trade in of an iPhone 6 or 6s.

If you retain the iPhone 7 for the duration of the full two years, the credit and the monthly payment will cancel each other out. If you trade-up to the iPhone 8 next year, you'll trade-in the iPhone 7 and lose the monthly credits. If you decide to port out of Verizon Wireless, you'll lose the credits *and* you'll be responsible for the remaining balance on the iPhone 7.
Basically, the promotion is really great for folks that will retain the iPhone 7 for 2 years and is somewhat great even for those that trade-up after 50%

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73