Apple is dying...

fury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
to get their hands on my money. Only problem is, they haven't made the right-sized phone. I don't like having to use two hands to use my phone. I'll hold out for the 7 SE. Small phone fans unite!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I personally can't wait to give Apple my money. I have a countdown app set for 9:01 am CEST and will be ordering the 256 Plus. The iPhone 5s I have used for the over 2 years was too small to my liking and even my current iPhone 6 seems not enough big for me.

About small iPhones, did you try out the iPhone SE? It's an amazing upgrade for the 5s with 6s internals.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
dd93a7926da179e0b0126c7eb5f443cd.jpg

fury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I am currently rocking the 5s as my primary phone. I had the 6, then the 6 plus (to see if there was something magic about having an even more ginormous phone), and finally the 6s, and decided after a year and a half of using $2,000 worth of phones I wasn't completely happy with, I went back to my old friend. My hands and wallet are that much happier. I was/am tempted by the current SE, but can't budget it right now, and my 5s hasn't completely fallen apart yet anyway. With any luck, I'll have my money under better control by the time they come out with a 7-based SE.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm still happy with and using my 5s. So far I prefer the smaller iPhones. Probably going to get the SE or maybe wait for the next version of the SE.

Robert siulapwa

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I think they have actually outdone themselves with the 7th generation iPhone... And have one quite mile... Look at the camera, the processor the. The speakers stereo... That's insane... Innovation unmatched

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
to get their hands on my money. Only problem is, they haven't made the right-sized phone. I don't like having to use two hands to use my phone. I'll hold out for the 7 SE. Small phone fans unite!

I really don't have problems with bigger phones. I have a 6s plus and the size is perfect for me and I have big hands and sometimes I use it with one hand. The only think I really like about the SE is the design. It has the best design of all time.
What is the right-sized phone for you? You mean something between 4.7" and 5.5" or less?

fury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I really don't have problems with bigger phones. I have a 6s plus and the size is perfect for me and I have big hands and sometimes I use it with one hand. The only think I really like about the SE is the design. It has the best design of all time.
What is the right-sized phone for you? You mean something between 4.7" and 5.5" or less?

4" is the size for me. I did try the bigger ones for a while (6, 6+, 6s), but apparently I have tiny hands. The big screens are undoubtedly better for gaming and media, and I kinda liked how the plus had the semi-tablet layout in some apps. But I couldn't get over the fact that I had to shuffle the phone around in my hand to reach all corners with my thumb. Inevitably, there's a point in most apps I use that I have to reach a corner to hit a button or something (e.g. Cancel, Submit when posting on the iMore app, apps at the top row on the home screen, etc). The double tap home button "reachability" kludge is not an acceptable compromise for me, as it turns one distinct finger action into 5 - tap tap, press button, tap tap again to return, and then I'm really screwed if I need to tap and drag something to the bottom. That whole thing really feels like an afterthought that Apple threw in there at the last minute, uncharacteristic of their usual philosophy to make stuff intuitive and easier to use, and it kept getting accidentally activated, so I just shut it off.

I sold my 6+, trying to sell my others too, went back to my 5s earlier this year and was much happier with the size, I can one hand it comfortably without having to reposition it in my hand, and much prefer the flush camera and flat sides.

I was very tempted when I got wind of what became the SE, but unfortunately it's a second class citizen, didn't receive all of the new technology that they crammed into the 6s. I hold out hope that the 7-based SE will be a more equal kin, receiving all the goodies like 3D Touch, wide color, faster Touch ID, etc. Apple was so good at throwing all the top of the line stuff into a small phone up until they gave into the big phone craze a couple years ago.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Well, I feel like I have helped keeping Apple from a quick dead.
Just ordered the iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Gold for the sake of having the best and biggest.
I definitely don't need the 256 as 128 is more than enough for my needs and I find the Plus to be too big, yet I ordered it.
Many more have done the same as me.

If Apple dies before there is a better alternative on the market, than I fear we all will go back to the dark ages of technology. And no, Android and Windows are not a better alternative.

fury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered the iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Gold for the sake of having the best and biggest.
I definitely don't need the 256 as 128 is more than enough for my needs and I find the Plus to be too big, yet I ordered it.

If Apple dies before there is a better alternative on the market, than I fear we all will go back to the dark ages of technology. And no, Android and Windows are not a better alternative.

You've pushed them over the top, I'm sure :D

Nice phone. The 256 will be great for taking all the video and never having to delete an app. And that screen is pretty nice for being able to look at what you've taken.

I'd love the next SE to have 256 gigglebytes and the same dual camera setup (but flush with the body). It's a challenge to cram all that stuff into such a small body, but it would be the perfect phone.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I have been rocking the 6s Plus for the last year, and while I love the screen size and display, it was just not comfortable for me to carry. Loved it, but preordered the 7 this time. Easier to carry.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2