Water resistant

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to check with you guye and get some opinion. Now that the iPhone 7 is water resistant. Does this mean the phone can be used in the shower and pool? Shower like the water splashing on the phone and something in the pool just water splashes..

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to check with you guye and get some opinion. Now that the iPhone 7 is water resistant. Does this mean the phone can be used in the shower and pool? Shower like the water splashing on the phone and something in the pool just water splashes..

You could it is the same certification as the Apple Watch series 1 which I have taken in the shower, and have heard of people swimming with it. I think you would be fine but think it is more for slips or falls verse taking in swimming on purpose. There will be YouTube videos testing how long can stay underwater so will know more then.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's rated as IP67 water resistant... Would I take it into a shower every day and expose it to splashes? No... Warranty does not cover water damage...

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Water resistance diminishes with exposure so you never know when/if you'll get damage. Treat it as a life saver if accidents happen.

NekoMichi

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone 7 has the same IP67 rating as the original Apple Watch. I've used Apple Watch when swimming many times with no problem, so theoretically the iPhone 7 should be capable of surviving slight immersion in water.

I wouldn't recommend deliberately exposing it to water though, as one key difference between iPhone and Apple Watch is the fact that the phone has a physical charging port whereas the watch does not. While direct water exposure shouldn't harm the phone, residual moisture in the charging port could be harmful if you try to plug it in. iOS 10 has a specific feature that warns you if moisture is detected in the Lightning port.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
The good news is, with this being first iPhone rated "water resistant" I bet there will be TONS of people with more money than they know what to do with testing them and posting results to YouTube for us

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I dont know fi we should really believe the 50 meters marketing. Who is trying that? ;)

Wait until after the phone is out.. and there will be dozens upon dozens of Youtube videos testing everything from water to drop tests. Let them destroy a bunch of new phones to save us the hassle of accidental loss.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't plan on keeping it in the water but I just wanna know how splashes would work

"iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus are splash, water, and dust resistant and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529. Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty."

Dust = 6 = no ingress of dust at all for at least eight hours

Water = 7 = protection from immersion in up to 1m of fresh water (typically for 30 minutes)

Based on the RATING alone, but we don't have any full "testing" for real life situations yet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh