Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Still no need for it. Bluetooth or phone listening locally. I have never once to this day, said I wish I had it.....

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
So in one year, I was inconvenienced once.
I use a BT at work for my teleconferences. Since my work phone was an iPhone 6 up until last week, I never carried the headphones because I don't keep music or media in my work device, it's strictly work.
So I forgot to put my BT back on the cradle to charge and when I got back to the office the following week (I only go into the office once a week) the BT was dead and I had no headphones I could use with the iPhone 6.
So, I used my personal phone for the first teleconference while the BT charged and I got on with life.
I mean.....can you IMAGINE being able to find a solution to such a minuscule problem on my own?????

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
So in one year, I was inconvenienced once.
I use a BT at work for my teleconferences. Since my work phone was an iPhone 6 up until last week, I never carried the headphones because I don't keep music or media in my work device, it's strictly work.
So I forgot to put my BT back on the cradle to charge and when I got back to the office the following week (I only go into the office once a week) the BT was dead and I had no headphones I could use with the iPhone 6.
So, I used my personal phone for the first teleconference while the BT charged and I got on with life.
I mean.....can you IMAGINE being able to find a solution to such a minuscule problem on my own?????

You mean you DIDN’T just throw a fit and swear to never buy another Apple device???

I’m in the same boat. I’ve had maybe one or two instances over the last year where I was inconvenienced. I have an AUX cable attached to my workstation in my office that I use for streaming music every once in a while and I forgot my adapter one time. The next time I was at the Apple Store I picked up a few extra adapters and just keep one permanently attached to my AUX cable. Every once in a while I’ll find a colleague trying to charge his/her iPhone with it. It’s cute.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Nope. It doesn't bother me at all not having a headphone jack. I actually haven't used a hard/wire connection in years. the earbuds that came with my last two iPhones are still sitting in their box brand new. I gave the other two pair that was laying around away. I do miss them as a backup tho. My AirPods and QC 35's fill the gap nicely.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I don't miss it at all. Knowing this I still bought the iPhone anyway even though my prior phone had one. I haven't been inconvenienced yet. Bluetooth all the way for me!!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
You mean you DIDN’T just throw a fit and swear to never buy another Apple device???

I know, amazing huh???

I stopped using those little cables because they were a pain to use in the gym. And I would nearly bang myself with my bag and my computer bag and my coffee etc. Especially in winter. So I got a nice set that doesn't interfere with what I'm doing.

Honestly, no biggie.

tdelfie03

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I only miss the headphone jack when I'm going to sleep. I have a pillow with built in speaker that I can no longer use. I now use a Bluetooth speaker under my pillow. Not ideal because I often forget to charge it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I only miss the headphone jack when I'm going to sleep. I have a pillow with built in speaker that I can no longer use. I now use a Bluetooth speaker under my pillow. Not ideal because I often forget to charge it.

Why can’t you use the lightning to headphone jack adapter that came with your iPhone?

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
WOW, how cool is that, I've never even thought about something like that. Now I'm going to start my search for a Pillow with Bluetooth speaker inside. Thanks for the AWESOME idea.

It sounds pretty cool tbh. However I can see if being used as a prank.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice