Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Switched from 6 to 7 here, i like that they removed the headphone jack. When there are headphones in your phone the lightning connector cant get dirty. (Barely) , and the heasphone jack is ugly af to look at. The new (fake) 2 speaker design looks epic

It definitely looks better

alphatectz

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
After the Apple announcement i see a lot of people are not ok with this change, and some even completely hate it. I'm wondering are there people out there OK with the change and don't mind the fact that there is no audio jack? or maybe you are happy about this change.

I for one don't mind it, i actually don't listen much with my headphones so i'm ok and can't wait to get a new iPhone.

I'm fine with it. Been using the jay bird x2 when I had my 6s+

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I ended up buying Bluetooth headphones. I suppose Apple "failed", in my case, as I didn't buy either Apple or Beats headphones.

I bought some Bose QuietComfort headphones and am very happy with them.

brian_84

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm happy with the bundled ones so it really won't bother me. Those of you with a favourite pair of 3.5's can't have taken the news lightly though. Very bold move by Apple.

alphatectz

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
I ended up getting the jay bird freedoms. I'll post photos of my x2 and freedoms tomorrow.

Update: returning the jay bird freedoms and waiting for the beat x

Last edited:

Carmen Ng

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
i think that a lot of people don't like for the fact that they have to buy earpods which are really expensive but personally i think that it's a hassle to bring the adapter and if not, you can't listen music.

Pedro Hicken

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Apple will NEVER go back in their decision.

Why? Because anything that uses the Lighting connector pays expenses to Apple, seeing as this has been Stamped and patented.

You would be asking Apple to either give away a money making machine and throw away money that's been thrown into research and development to backtrack and serve the public. Since when has Apple ever backtracked anyway?

The way Apple see it? They have offered you the dongle and a solution. That's the way it is now.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I was with family this weekend and we all got in the car for a mini-road trip. I'm usually the music person and so when we got in the car my sister handed me her Aux cord and said, "Find us something to listen to". I grabbed the cord and went to plug it in...then I remembered...I can't.

For the most part I don't miss the headphone jack. I've adjusted and changed my usage patterns. But in situations like these...I definitely miss the option. I don't carry around my adaptor everywhere I go. Once things evolve and I'm able to connect my phone to other devices in an easier way, all will be great. But there are still some minor annoyances with the lack of a headphone jack.

Oh...and I haven't touched my JBL headphones in weeks because I can't find my adaptor...:(

Shahzad Ghani One

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
i am pretty ok with that and i like the way apple never settles for less and moves technology forward unlike other companies which puts too many non useful features in their phones...

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
#1 - BT works for me on a flight.

What kind of plane was it? I have never seen a plane with an in flight entertainment system that supports Bluetooth.

#2 - *Adapters (not Adaptors)... just keep them attached to the device. It's not that big an effort.

Which device? I'm not keeping an adaptor connected to my phone. That would be stupid and it would get lost. I'm not keeping an adaptor connected to my headphones because I will have to remove it when using devices other than an iPhone and it will get lost.

russell664

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
It doesn't bother me at all to be honest. I use Bluetooth when in my car, or on my motorcycle. If I want to listen to super high quality stuff, then I use my HiFi

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
It really annoys me. I use Bluetooth mostly but there's always gonna be a time when you need the jack. Just put it back in the phones please. Thank you

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner