Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
My issue isn't music. It's call quality. I have the x2 headphones and they sound great but nothing relays the quality of volte like wired headphones. The quality doesn't transfer on BT headphones or at least on all the ones that I've used.

normangl

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
From a safety point of view yes. No headphone jack is the way forward.

If you consider a kitchen appliance such as a washing machine, it's whole chassis can be earthed for electrical safety. Sadly, a smartphone cannot be earthed for safety, so if one is listening to music while the phone is charging and the charger becomes faulty delivering 240v to the iPhone and to ones head. The result is certain death!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
My issue isn't music. It's call quality. I have the x2 headphones and they sound great but nothing relays the quality of volte like wired headphones. The quality doesn't transfer on BT headphones or at least on all the ones that I've used.

Plantronics Edge

Bose QC 35.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
By the way, what's the best value micro usb c headphones out there?

Cheers

Amazon has some LG branded for $10. They are regular micro USB, not C. Not sure about the quality.

There are many lightning earphones and headphone, covering most price ranges. I won't do it.

I understand and support the removing of the headphone jack, but not the use of Lightning. I would have rather seen USB C, like on the Mac Book. I am not a big fan of proprietary.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Amazon has some LG branded for $10. They are regular micro USB, not C. Not sure about the quality.

There are many lightning earphones and headphone, covering most price ranges. I won't do it.

I understand and support the removing of the headphone jack, but not the use of Lightning. I would have rather seen USB C, like on the Mac Book. I am not a big fan of proprietary.
I'm a strong opponent to proprietary tech also.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm a strong opponent to proprietary tech also.

While I'm not a fan of proprietary tech either I actually like lightning a lot. It's easy and efficient. If Apple switched to USB-C on iPhone we'd have thousands of people complaining because, like me, they have dozens of lightning cables and accessories at home and zero USB-C cables and accessories.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
While I'm not a fan of proprietary tech either I actually like lightning a lot. It's easy and efficient. If Apple switched to USB-C on iPhone we'd have thousands of people complaining because, like me, they have dozens of lightning cables and accessories at home and zero USB-C cables and accessories.

Oh, I like lightning a lot too, except it's Apple only. Yes third party vendors make lightning accessories, but can HTC make a phone with a lightning port ? That's the issue I have. It's why I use Kindle instead of iBooks. While I'll probably use Apple stuff till one of us dies, I want it to be my choice, not because I have $10,000 with of accessories that only work with Apple stuff.

BT is open. My BT stuff works with any modern device. Lightning headphones do not. BT is wireless, lightning, mini USB , and plain old headphone jack aren't. To me, BT is the winner. .

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
By the way, what's the best value micro usb c headphones out there?

Cheers

Just to be clear, it is simply USB-C, there is no USB-C micro; all USB-C ports (per the standard) have the same connector. The micro connector is only for the older USB ports.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Just to be clear, it is simply USB-C, there is no USB-C micro; all USB-C ports (per the standard) have the same connector. The micro connector is only for the older USB ports.

So those infamous grill lighting devices that have USB C have a full sized USB connectors on them ? Just asking. Never really had any interest in Android devices since dumping them a while ago.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
So those infamous grill lighting devices that have USB C have a full sized USB connectors on them ? Just asking. Never really had any interest in Android devices since dumping them a while ago.

If they are USB-C, then yes, they are full sized. And Apple was actually among the first to use USB-C ports, using them on the current line of MacBooks.

decypher44

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm not liking it. At all. I have several headphones for different locales, and have different qualities. I have a nice pair of Bose at home, another decent pair at home, a decent pair of in-ears at work. It doesn't work for me to keep the dumb adapter to one pair, because it will stay at only one locale. So, I'd have to buy another adapter. And all that to receive lower quality sound.

Your mileage may vary.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm not liking it. At all. I have several headphones for different locales, and have different qualities. I have a nice pair of Bose at home, another decent pair at home, a decent pair of in-ears at work. It doesn't work for me to keep the dumb adapter to one pair, because it will stay at only one locale. So, I'd have to buy another adapter. And all that to receive lower quality sound.

Your mileage may vary.

Is it lower quality sound ? (I have nice BT headsets, and I don't have a 7 series yet, so even when I make it back to the states and get a 7+, I still won't use the adapter.) What happens in a year or two when all cellular device have removed the headphone jack ???

ImNotSatan

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Switched from 6 to 7 here, i like that they removed the headphone jack. When there are headphones in your phone the lightning connector cant get dirty. (Barely) , and the heasphone jack is ugly af to look at. The new (fake) 2 speaker design looks epic