Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

NinjaMom

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
It's not that big of a deal at all. I'm starting to wonder if ppl actually read anymore. I can't believe people keep saying they not buying the phone cause it don't have a headphone jack like they clearly didn't give you an adapter for you to use the headphone jack. If there's a issue with loosing the adapter, just lease it attached to your headphones

There a credit card readers that attach to the headphone jack so you can swipe a credit card. Having said credit card reader attached to a floppy dongle is a sloppy "solution" that just shows Apple didn't consider all uses for the headphone jack.

BrayBreBai

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
There a credit card readers that attach to the headphone jack so you can swipe a credit card. Having said credit card reader attached to a floppy dongle is a sloppy "solution" that just shows Apple didn't consider all uses for the headphone jack.

Yeah it may be a little inconvenient but at the end of the day, you still can use it. There's no pleasing everyone at all times. Some wanted better battery life, some wanted it to be water proof amongst other things. Apple managed to make that happen without completely taking away the use of the headphone jack. Only in a perfect world we can have everything we want and need and this obviously is not a perfect world.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

As mentioned prior and in other threads.. Square and PayPal will have new swipes for the lighting jack. So people can wait for that before getting the 7 and/or just be a bit inconvenienced using the adapter.

NinjaMom

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Yeah it may be a little inconvenient but at the end of the day, you still can use it. There's no pleasing everyone at all times. Some wanted better battery life, some wanted it to be water proof amongst other things. Apple managed to make that happen without completely taking away the use of the headphone jack. Only in a perfect world we can have everything we want and need and this obviously is not a perfect world.

Yeah. I know. I am not expecting it to be perfect and we will stick with iPhone 6s until a lightning solution becomes available for the credit card readers because the dongle in this situation is just not going to cut it. If a lightning solution takes too long we can always go to android.

I just bring it up because people get focused only on the music (understandably) and I am just trying to bring to light that there was more to the headphone jack than music.

Unfortunately, some people ((not you - your response was reasonable)) are so in love with Apple that they only respond with snarky comments that just don't add any value to the situation. Lol

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
So I was using an aftermarket Bluetooth radio in my car talking to my father the other day. He had me on speaker so I was having a hard time hearing him. I then hooked up my jaybird X2 wireless headphones and I was still having a hard time hearing him. I then plugged in a pair of Apple EarPods and it sounded a better by a mile.

I think I'm going to stay on the side of liking a headphone jack for the time being.

BrayBreBai

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Yeah. I know. I am not expecting it to be perfect and we will stick with iPhone 6s until a lightning solution becomes available for the credit card readers because the dongle in this situation is just not going to cut it. If a lightning solution takes too long we can always go to android.

I just bring it up because people get focused only on the music (understandably) and I am just trying to bring to light that there was more to the headphone jack than music.

Unfortunately, some people ((not you - your response was reasonable)) are so in love with Apple that they only respond with snarky comments that just don't add any value to the situation. Lol

Yeah I personally forgot about credit card readers and thinking about trying to swipe someone's credit card on something that's flimsy would be really annoying. Hopefully they do come out with something more stable even though I'm sure some people will complain about having to pay for that too. Which is reasonable but I guess Apple either thought it wouldn't be that big of a deal or didn't really think at all but it really is hard trying to please everyone. I'm real laid back and chill so I don't really care, I can make it work if something is changed or I just won't buy it at all

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand.
#1 If you use BT you can use them with the phone as well as the laptop
#2 If you use corded, just use the adapter when on the iPhone and take the adapter off (literally 1-second of your time) and use it on the laptop.

It's not an issue. I don't see a problem here... you're just making it one to argue the missing jack.

No.

1. Bluetooth headphones need regular re-charging and don't work on planes. They are not an option for me.
2. Have you not read what I said about adaptors - i.e. that they get lost regularly? It's not just an extra cost, it might mean not being able to use headphones for a significant period of time, e.g. a long flight.

The most important point is that there is NO GAIN TO THE USER from dropping the headphone socket. You can use Bluetooth headphones with any smart phone since probably 2009 and probably before that. Apple could put audio on the lightning connector and still keep the headphone socket. Other manufacturers manage to make phone with better battery life and still include a headphone socket. I simply cannot see how anyone can defend this.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I was saying if you bought the phone, they will provide you with your 2nd set of headphones, you could just keep those with the adapter. I fly twice a month and don't lose anything so personally I'm not worried about losing the adapter. As far as other phone makers go, I have been to all the other sides and I haven't found better than Apple. That's with battery life, security and just being an overall solid phone

Are you seriously suggesting that I carry two sets of expensive, bulky noise cancelling headphones around with me?

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Headphones with laptop, phone, or tablet is done via BT.

Plane ? I specifically replaced my QC 15s with the QC 35. The 35 is both BT and comes with a wire to plug into aircraft entertainment centers. It helps keep my sanity while flying, especially on overseas flights.

It's nice not having the cable. I had to replace the cable on my 15s when it got sucked into the intake of my blower.

I don't know what QC15s or QC35s are but they sound expensive and presumably need to be recharged. Why not just include the headphone socket on the phone, then everyone is happy?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
No.

1. Bluetooth headphones need regular re-charging and don't work on planes. They are not an option for me.
2. Have you not read what I said about adaptors - i.e. that they get lost regularly? It's not just an extra cost, it might mean not being able to use headphones for a significant period of time, e.g. a long flight.

The most important point is that there is NO GAIN TO THE USER from dropping the headphone socket. You can use Bluetooth headphones with any smart phone since probably 2009 and probably before that. Apple could put audio on the lightning connector and still keep the headphone socket. Other manufacturers manage to make phone with better battery life and still include a headphone socket. I simply cannot see how anyone can defend this.

#1 - BT works for me on a flight.
#2 - *Adapters (not Adaptors)... just keep them attached to the device. It's not that big an effort.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I took a moment to connect the new EarPods to the lightning port of my iPhone 7 and listen to some music. As expected, the music sounded great. Well done, Apple. Well done!...

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Just got these in
f88cb18fa3257d074f3ca6209c9e5350.jpg