Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
This thread has honestly turned into 8 pages of over-opinionated bullcrap. Opinions are one thing... judging and objecting to others opinions are way too much. One side said theirs and the other side said theirs.... several pages ago!!!!
Instead of lengthening the thread, just submit feedback to Apple. No one knows if change will happen... you either accept, adapt... or don't!!!

Damnit, Darla, ya had to go all logical on them. In some circles, that would be called cruel and unusual punishment you know!

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I really don't see any issue since they are giving adapters and new ear buds. I see the new wireless ones falling out of ears and breaking.

evangel77

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Audio jackless... somehow don't bother me when using wireless head/earphone, but it will be when i want to connect with any audio device/receiver w/out wireless capabilities.

hi_im_snowman

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
At first, I have to admit that I was against it. It felt like there was a general disregard for advanced users but i think that watching the keynote and some further reflection changed my mind. One of the ways I like to think about technology is to imagine the ways we will seem backwards to people in the future. Clearly, wireless is the way to go. There's no way cabled devices are here to stay, it just doesn't make sense in an world where mobility is key. I get that my Bose QC15's are only going to be connected with the damn dongle - and I'm slightly annoyed I'll have to endure that ugliness dangling from my shiny new iPhone, but hey, it's not like I expected my wired headphones to remain in my tech arsenal for the next 20 years. Plus, I still mainly use them on my Mac, so I'm good there. For another while.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
The BLACKBERRY STORM!!!!

Even though the Blackberry Storm was terrible, it help change the game with touch screen and smartphones. People complained about to the end of time and they still put out a Storm 2, but did people adapt and get used to the terrible keyboard? Yes they did. No one like change but sometimes change is good. At least give it a chance.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
At first, I have to admit that I was against it. It felt like there was a general disregard for advanced users but i think that watching the keynote and some further reflection changed my mind. One of the ways I like to think about technology is to imagine the ways we will seem backwards to people in the future. Clearly, wireless is the way to go. There's no way cabled devices are here to stay, it just doesn't make sense in an world where mobility is key. I get that my Bose QC15's are only going to be connected with the damn dongle - and I'm slightly annoyed I'll have to endure that ugliness dangling from my shiny new iPhone, but hey, it's not like I expected my wired headphones to remain in my tech arsenal for the next 20 years. Plus, I still mainly use them on my Mac, so I'm good there. For another while.

Do people understand that wireless headphones need to be charged regularly? Given that, does anyone really think wireless headphones are a good idea for connecting to a phone - a device which is remarkably easy to carry around?

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
If there is an adapter in the box, then that will suffice for me. It's inconvenient, there's no doubt about it, but it will suffice. I use my Bluetooth headphones quite often with my 6 as it is.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm skipping the iPhone 7 and sticking with my iPhone 6s for now, but I'd say yes, I'm okay with no headphone jack. At this point, I rarely listen to music on my phone (I've listened with earphones maybe 4 times since March, but that's due to personal/medical reasons). There's the USB to headphone jack connector included, so I think that would be fine. I know others would have a huge problem with it, though.

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I saw someone comment "Blackberry Storm" haha, i had that phone at one point! It was awesome, or at least i thought it was.

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I am OK with removing the headphone jack. I really only use it at work listening to podcasts so I'll probably keep the included adapter connected to my earbuds. Everywhere else, I use Bluetooth. Bedroom, bathroom, and living room have Bluetooth speakers and I replaced the head unit in my car with one that has Bluetooth. If there's ever a time I need to plug in, I have a small, battery-powered Bluetooth receiver. I just really hate wires... and have a technology addiction. :)

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I am OK with removing the headphone jack. I really only use it at work listening to podcasts so I'll probably keep the included adapter connected to my earbuds. Everywhere else, I use Bluetooth. Bedroom, bathroom, and living room have Bluetooth speakers and I replaced the head unit in my car with one that has Bluetooth. If there's ever a time I need to plug in, I have a small, battery-powered Bluetooth receiver. I just really hate wires... and have a technology addiction. :)

I use a Plantronics Voyager Edge to listen to podcast while at work. That, and when I get text messages or the occasional call, it does not disturb (notify) anyone else.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I use my headset when I am on a long call. That's about it. My lamp on my desk has a USB port, I just charge my BT at night when I leave the office, it's good in the morning for all day use.. and I only use it a couple times a week at best. It's not that big of an inconvenience for me. If I want to use my Bose wired set, I will leave the adapter plugged in, my earphones stay in case.. so it should be fine. I will spend $9 x 2 and keep a spare dongle / adapter at home and office in case. When I am spending $900 on a phone, another $18 will not send me into a tizzy.

When I listen to music I use a BT speaker.. so it's all good.

lamp bluetooth.jpg

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I use my headset when I am on a long call. That's about it. My lamp on my desk has a USB port, I just charge my BT at night when I leave the office, it's good in the morning for all day use.. and I only use it a couple times a week at best. It's not that big of an inconvenience for me. If I want to use my Bose wired set, I will leave the adapter plugged in, my earphones stay in case.. so it should be fine. I will spend $9 x 2 and keep a spare dongle / adapter at home and office in case. When I am spending $900 on a phone, another $18 will not send me into a tizzy.

When I listen to music I use a BT speaker.. so it's all good.

View attachment 111504

I replaced my QC 15 with the 35. BT and wired for when I want to plug them into the entertainment console on international flights. 20 hrs of battery life keeps me covered. I considered the new noise canceling ear buds, but with a battery life of 10 hours and no wired capability, I passed. Looks good for at home and around town use though.

The audio quality on the 35s is greatly improved over the 15.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner