Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't like it because I use cheap Skullcandy headphones at work to stream Spotify, and if my 6 Plus' battery gets low, I plug it in to my power bank and keep on listening. Now, to do that with a 7 Plus, I'd have to buy an adapter of some sort. Just seems like they made a critical part of the phone (listening to music) more difficult. I'm not an audiophile, though, so I doubt I'd notice any difference in sound quality.

Adapter is included, you don't have to buy anything.

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
We don't buy an iPhone because it has an audio jack, we purchase it for the OS. Samsung has included better cameras, more storage, started the bigger phones, yet we still buy iPhones because the OS is like no other. The fact that an audio jack can throw off so many people is absurd, i know it may be frustrating but to go to a crappy OS just because that phone has an audio jack seems a bit too much. The phone still comes with headphones, the phone comes with an adapter. More bulk? like having 2 different cables attached wasn't bulky enough. Sorry for those that feel so strongly about losing the jack but lets not lose our minds over it. The OS system still the best, the ecosystem across all devices is great.

Is it a marketing move on Apple? sure, maybe, it's a business after all. If they came out saying they will run Android on iPhones then that's when i leave and move on, not over an audio jack, especially when they give you options.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I made the switch to Bluetooth headphones earlier this year, and my new car has Bluetooth in it. The only time I use the wired headphones is if I forget my Bluetooth ones at home. I always keep a pair in my desk. I'll just swap out my current pair with the lightning pair.

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
my main issue with it is compatibility. The lightning port is only on iOS devices so lightning headphones are not compatible with the Mac (which is going the USB c route) and I doubt they will put a lightning port on the Mac.
I see apple losing the lightning port in the future and moving on the USB c which would mean yet another transition.
Furthermore I am yet to find Bluetooth headphones that fit my weird ears and have all the features I want.

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I dont mind going wireless, already using a jabra move for some time at work and it is very nice.
I hope this also encourages the industry to improve bluetooth responsiveness and create better headsets.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
No, it's a colossal PITA for me to have to worry about adapters so that I can use my phone in my car and charge it at the same time. No adapters exist currently.

If that camera wasn't so lovely, I wouldn't have pre-ordered at all.

Saying that, it looks like my pre-order got bounced as I found out when I woke up this morning, so after all my hyperactivity and excitement last night at getting the Matte Black 128Gb 7+ for launch day, it looks like if I want one now, I will need to wait until November.

Honestly, I don't know what to do. I'm not so tied into the Apple ecosystem that I have to stay here.

I think i'll just keep my 6 until it does then make up my mind.

I'm pretty bummed though that the pre-order didn't go through. :(

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Absolutely fine without it. Wireless headphones have been around for a long time. So no issue for me. Would have been nice to see a split dongle so people could charge and listen to music at the same time. But I will be fine one way or the other because I listen to all my music on an iPod.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm not that bothered by it. They include an adapter in the box. For me that is good enough. People need to stop freaking out over this. The lightning port is capable of providing higher quality audio anyway.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Apple is including the headphone adaptor with purchase of the new iPhone. You are good with your existing earphones. I agree, that it sucks to have to buy another adaptor, but I am sure they will be down in price by the time I get around to the 7.

It's $9 for the 3.5mm adapter.

I've seen a Belkin for $40 to allow 2 lightning cables.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
With the removal of the audio jack on the iPhone 7, Apple removed the option to use wired or wireless. I use both (wired and wireless) since some of my audio devices are not wireless. I guess I'll hanging on to my iPhone 6 for a while longer.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
my main issue with it is compatibility. The lightning port is only on iOS devices so lightning headphones are not compatible with the Mac (which is going the USB c route) and I doubt they will put a lightning port on the Mac.
I see apple losing the lightning port in the future and moving on the USB c which would mean yet another transition.
Furthermore I am yet to find Bluetooth headphones that fit my weird ears and have all the features I want.

I hear ya, though the USB C is USB 3 and the iPhone 7 is only USB 2 and so is lightning port. I don't think the iPhone 7 has a faster BUS to even take advantage of USB 3 speeds.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
With the removal of the audio jack on the iPhone 7, Apple removed the option to use wired or wireless. I use both (wired and wireless) since some of my audio devices are not wireless. I guess I'll hanging on to my iPhone 6 for a while longer.

Incorrect, that option is not removed.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't LOVE it but it's not the end of the world. I like my current earbuds as much as I can like any ear buds (I don't really like earbuds...)

It comes with lightning buds AND an adapter though so whatever

Last edited:

tobes

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
My first world problem is once I go wireless headphones what I am going to do on international flights? Sure not a common problem but I fly international 1-2 times a month and they will require wired headphones pretty much forever I am guessing. Are there any Bluetooth transmitters I can drop in to the headphone socket to use with my new wireless headphones?

ski542002

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
I have a drawer full of bt earbuds, and headsets; with a combined value that would have easily funded a new iPhone. All of them are great for listening to podcasts, and music and they're all crap when attempting to have a crystal clear audio experience when using the iPhone, as a phone. My clients are polite, my spouse will hang up on me if my call is not clear. Maybe I'm reading/listening to the wrong IOS geek experts. No one talks about this issue. The clearest audio for voice conversation is still a wired headset. So how do I stay wired and refresh the battery if the one port solution is the only solution?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal