Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Since it comes with the adapter, it's not a huge deal for me. If being unable to use all my "wired" headsets were impossible, than it would bother me greatly. I will just keep the adapter on my current wired headset, and we're good. I have some BT sets too, but it gives me options. I am sure the 3rd party adapters will be cheap enough to have a few spares. I assume $10 range (just a # I pulled out of my ___)

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I was using wireless headphones well before apple started pushing it but it's good to have a headphone jack because batteries die and you and the 7/7plus can't charge your phone and listen to music with some cheap wire headphones while your wireless headphones are charging so they kind of limit themselves on making the push

Last edited:

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
haha it's good to see some positive comments after reading so many negative ones in several forum questions. I def don't mind it and look forward to trying the AirPods. Rarely used the headphones anyway. Excited for bluetooth headphones, and the new speaker system.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't bother me one bit. As has already been stated, the iPhone 7 & 7 Plus retains the option to use my current wired headphones if I desire to use them. In addition, I can still use my Bluetooth headsets or the Bluetooth audio feature in my car. Heck, I can even connect to BT via my Vizio soundbar. I am not losing the ability to listen to audio without a headset. Period.

Last edited:

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I always wear earbuds at the gym, so it does bother me a bit. if I get the 7 I'll definitely make use of the adapter. My ears are also finnicky about what shape works, and luckily the ear buds that come standard with iPhones work very well. I also have like 3 backup pairs of Sennheiser earbuds that work in my ears.

I also wonder if future iPads will come out sans headphone jack as well. I use earbuds on my iPad a lot when either watching a show or doing online coursework when I don't want to disturb my girlfriend while she's doing something else. I'm in bad need of an iPad upgrade, and perhaps I'll end up getting the iPad Pro 9.7 just for the headphone jack.

mtcowdog

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Problematic but tolerable. Lightning pulls out too easy to use for wired headphones, and I am apparently an oddball in that I regularly charge my phone and listen to wired headphones, usually in bed. Also, the wireless agenda Apple is pushing is at an early stage where the sound and usability benefits don't quite match the loss of an old and reliable headphone jack. I run with cheap bluetooth headphones and will keep an eye out for better wireless options at reasonable prices. Airpods, for the record, look awful to me. There is no way I would wear those anywhere, and hard plastic, if anything like the pods that come with iPhones, is an unpleasant experience in my ears. Overall, however, it isn't a deal breaker for me. I will adapt. Water resistance is long overdue, so I appreciate that apparently linked feature.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I will be okay with it since I can still use my existing headset just fine. I can either use the supplied adaptor, or use my D/A amp that plugs into the Lightning port.

nikkimd11

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm having a hard time accepting there is no headphone jack, I particularly use headphones very often especially to listen to music and having to carry an adapter isn't what I had in mind, on the other hand I really like the idea of having 2 more hours of battery life

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a hard time accepting there is no headphone jack, I particularly use headphones very often especially to listen to music and having to carry an adapter isn't what I had in mind, on the other hand I really like the idea of having 2 more hours of battery life

If you carry around your headphones just keep the adapter attached all the time.

apcman

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I can live with it but I do think this is the one time apple flipped the switch way too early. The main gripes I have are charging the device and listening to music and now the need for adapter among devices. It's just going to create the need for adapters and taking them on or off. My MacBook doesn't have a lightning port so I'll need an adapter but my phone and iPad do have the port. It just creates more mess and less simplicity. Also as I pointed why should I pick charging my phone and music when before I could do both. The device won't flop but this does scream money grab or they again did not think about this all the way through.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73