Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
After the Apple announcement i see a lot of people are not ok with this change, and some even completely hate it. I'm wondering are there people out there OK with the change and don't mind the fact that there is no audio jack? or maybe you are happy about this change.

I for one don't mind it, i actually don't listen much with my headphones so i'm ok and can't wait to get a new iPhone.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
It bothers me. I use all different types of headphones and aux cables. Also, I have an Apogee MiC 96k that has a lightning plug, I use it for field and voice recordings. If I'm using the MiC already, I'll have nowhere to plug in the headphones for monitoring.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Well... If more people saw me trying to negotiate the head tripping entanglements of my wired headset everytime I need to use it, they'd probably think the new design was created for me, lol. I'll definitely give it a shot. Just imagine me fighting a giant pile of spaghetti on my head. That's what unraveling my headset does, lol.

Hoggles

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm OK with no headphone jack. The lightning solution seems fine and this may give me a push to pick up some Bluetooth headphones.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm cool with it, I have Bluetooth in my car and I plan on getting the EarPods so everything works great for me.

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
No problem for me. I use Bluetooth headphones at the gym and have Bluetooth in the car. There is an adapter in the box for lightning to 3.5mm to use old earphones.

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
No, I'm not. I use a couple of different sets of headphones regularly and am not enamoured by the idea of adding a converter to the mix. I won't be buying the 7 (not necessarily for this reason) but when it comes to a year from now when I'm due an upgrade i may well be moving from Apple. By that time my mac will be gone and my iPad due for a possible update too and if there's no reason to stay with Apple, I won't do it out of foolish allegiance to a brand!

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I don't care either way. I have an option to retain the usefulness of my wired headphones, and other than that, I had no real use for it as everything I connect for audio, in that regard, uses bluetooth.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm coming around with Apple's reasoning. I do think it sets them up for big changes in future iPhones -- internal space is precious and anything Apple can do to create more is a huge deal

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox